planning to sell double wide in about a year - Posted by Gene in KC

Posted by Gene in KC on January 14, 2001 at 22:58:37:

I have a 1999 28’x50’ Fuqua manufactured home in a really nice park in KC. Many extras in the home including extra insulation floor and roof; upgraded carpet, kitchen cabinets, and many other things. I purchased it new and I’d like to sell it in about a year. The home is financed through Bank of America as a 15 year conventional mortgage.

Unfortunately, I was divorced about 1.5 years ago just after my ex and I purchased the home. Now, I just want to move on as this home is a constant reminder of a past I want to finally leave behind. Anyway…

I just found this web site tonight and find it interesting about owner financing. I don’t think this is a route I want to take. Really I just want out and all ties I have with this home cut. I am even willing to take some loss just to put this behind me. How much of a loss is reasonable?

Anybody in the Kansas City area have experience with selling used mobile homes? I’m looking for any advice I can get. Also, what steps must I take to have paper work ready when I do find a potential purchaser?