Please advise on double-wides in parks ... - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by lyal on January 30, 2002 at 12:20:37:

Jerry,
As long as the home can stay in the park and you are just the “finance company” I don’t see any problem. I have only done one double wide and I sold it for cash for a huge profit. If I could get more, I’d snap them up in a minute.
If you are just doing a typical “Lonnie Deal” with it, I certainly wouldn’t sell for below market. Where else can a buyer get the home and finace company in one package.
All the best, Lyal

Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on January 30, 2002 at 06:18:03:

I’m starting to work the repo lists and I see several double-wides in parks that I might be able to pick up cheap along with some single-wides. I only have experience with single-wides so far, and that’s mainly what Lonnie talks about in his books. However there appears to be an opportunity here, so I need to learn about double-wides.

What are the differences when dealing in DWs in parks instead of SWs? What are the pros and cons? What do I need to look out for? What suggestions/advice can you offer?

Thanks for all your kind help. You folks have helped me turn my life around financially and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Best wishes,
Jerry Freeman

Thanks all, I’ll go for it! (nt) - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on January 30, 2002 at 18:27:12:

x

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Jenny Moore

Posted by Jenny Moore on January 30, 2002 at 15:45:06:

Is someone looking for a good deal? My husband and I are trying to sell our mobile home, even below what we owe on it. We don’t have the time to show it to buyers who aren’t really interested, so we want to sell it cheap. It’s a 1996 Fleetwood Greenhill. 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom with WOOD FLOORING throughout. It has upgrades insulation, subflooring, ceiling fans, and wall paper. We owe $30,000 and are definitely willing to take less.

Please contact us if you are interested: 817-490-1975 or twoinluv@swbell.net

Jenny & Josh Moore

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on January 30, 2002 at 13:41:05:

I have done nothing but double-wides and have doubled my money on each one. Sometimes more. I am on my first single wide, a freebie, and hope to make about 5g’s. Its a 1974, 12x56 2/1 1/2 with screen room, roofover and full length carport with a storage room at the back end. In 55+ park, $262.00 lot rent. Hubby died, she moved back north and gave it to the first guy she saw, me. I know its not a lonnie deal but maybe if I sell it on a contract it will be.

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on January 30, 2002 at 13:02:16:

Hi Jerry,

I own - or rather my my tenant/buyers own and I play bank for a handful of double-wides. Personally, I love them - they can sometimes provide a greater return for the same price as a single-wide.

Unless the home has to be moved (double the expense, sealing, etc.) then I personally would go for it…

Good luck,

Jacque - WA

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Allen

Posted by Allen on January 30, 2002 at 10:33:52:

Just adding to Chuck’s comments - twice the headache and expense if the need to move ever arises. Allen (TX)

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on January 30, 2002 at 10:10:10:

This will sound really simplistic… or scarastic…

Twice the home, twice the money.

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on January 30, 2002 at 10:36:56:

I thought I covered that?

Re: Please advise on double-wides in parks … - Posted by Ted

Posted by Ted on January 31, 2002 at 17:29:26:

Yeah Chuck it is like the old Certs commercials: “Two. Two. Two singles in one.”

How easy/hard are they to sell … - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on January 30, 2002 at 11:42:01:

I may be able to get a couple of repo doublewides in parks for cents on the dollar.

If they can stay in the park, I won’t have to worry too much about having to move them. If I can sell them below retail, should I expect them to be the same, easier or harder to sell than a singlewide in the same park? Any other thoughts about this?

Thanks and best wishes,
Jerry