Please can someone help with my question - Posted by R. Allen

Posted by Alicia on August 29, 2003 at 01:01:31:

If you are trying to see what houses or apartments rent for and other information, you should do several things. Look for similar properties in the same area you are and see what they are renting for. You can do this by looking in your local newspaper and calling some ads. You can also ask them about normal vacany rates and any other questions you may have. Most landlords are pretty friendly people and would be more than happy to talk to you. Another thing you can do is see if there are any management companies in the area. Again, ask them about the area and what is normal. Don’t forget to ask them about what they charge. They are more willing to help you if they think you may be a future customer. The last thing you can do is ask a Realtor or investor in the area. Check your classified section in the paper and see what Realtors are advertising for investor properties. They can help you with your questions. Other real estate investors may be able to help. Check your area for real estate investor associations. These are great places to meet similar minded people and to make connections for future business. Landlord associations can help with what you are looking for also.

Hope this is helpful. Goodluck.

Alicia

Please can someone help with my question - Posted by R. Allen

Posted by R. Allen on August 28, 2003 at 19:53:19:

Hi, where do I find information for an area search such as:
rental rates, vacancy rate, population growth. The chamber of commerce have some statistical information but not quite
what I’m looking for. If anyone could help with a few suggestions to get this information, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you