Please Help Me Inform My Husband on Benefits of Real Estate Investing!!! - Posted by DeAwna Echols

Posted by Karl Grube on May 25, 1999 at 16:18:20:

Perhaps YOU could begin with Option Real Estate. Acquire an OPTION TO PURCHASE on a property YOU really would like to own. SELL the option for cash to a real estate broker who is an investor. Put the cash in an envelope with your husbands name. CASH usually melts the ice around hubby’s apathy!

Please Help Me Inform My Husband on Benefits of Real Estate Investing!!! - Posted by DeAwna Echols

Posted by DeAwna Echols on May 25, 1999 at 14:51:54:

My husband is somewhat opposed to investing in real estate. This is especially true if landlording is involved.
Off and on in the past, I had hoped to become a real estate investor, but didn’t really know how to go about it.
I just got the Carleton Sheets program and have heard nothing but good things about it.
I have also read Robert Allen’s book Creating Wealth and it seems real estate investing is the best way to gain financial security.
My husband wants to simplify our lives and is afraid of the debt and headaches.

Can anyone provide feedback that I can show to him to get him interested in proceeding with investing in real estate?
Thanks a bunch!

You can hug a bear … - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on May 30, 1999 at 13:51:00:

for a month if you have to - at least that’s what my husband says.

First, there ARE indeed many ‘low maintenance’ areas of involvement with REI. However, each has it’s drawbacks.

Ask you husband ( ina non threatening way, of course) if doing what you are doing now will get you where you want to go. If not, I suggest being willing to put up with some of the inconvenience that progress brings with it.

Frankly, we are not terribly uncomfortable with the “tenants and toilets”, which is why moving into one of John B’s areas of expertise - RE paper - seems “difficult” … because it is unknown and therefore uncomfortable.

However, motivation will move you when nothing else does, so figure out very clearly what you are trying to accomplish, look at REI as a “how”, and find the areas you are best suited to pursue.

Good luck.
Carol

Success Stories - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 25, 1999 at 19:22:37:

There are many success stories here that might interest your husband. The majority have to do with low risk, low management forms of investing. Tenants and toilets is only one approach.

Just click on “Success Stories” on the top left of the page.