PM problem - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by John Merchant on March 17, 2006 at 11:18:01:

SteveWA knows as much about WA MH law as anybody I know.

By the way I mis-cited the WA decision…it’s Etheridge vs. Huang, not Elliott.

PM problem - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on March 16, 2006 at 21:39:05:

So, I’ve got a buyer, I’ve got a place under contract, all is well - except for the PM.

The PM will not give my buyer an application. The PM will not give me or my family an application. Heck, the PM won’t even talk to me or my partner. She is only taking with the Real Estate agent who is at whit’s end trying to get a sale :slight_smile:

I’ve got the park’s owner and address from the deed, but don’t want to “stalk” him over this issue. Any suggestions on getting this deal done(besides I should have dealt with the PM first…)? Cash buyer on this place for a nice markup so I don’t want to walk…

Re: PM problem - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on March 21, 2006 at 17:19:16:

Part 2:
So, we were supposed to have a meeting today with the agent, PM, park owner, and ourselves to figure out what to do here. Apparently though, the PM and the buyer had a talk on the side and my buyer really isn’t interested in this park anymore (buyer says the lady scared him.)

Sooooo. I’ll go ahead and meet everyone just to figure out what exactly happened, then I’ll have to inform the park that because of the PMs conduct, we cannot purchase the house and won’t be back. If a miracle occurs, we may still buy the place, but the park would have to offer terms.

Step 1, talk to the PM before doing deals.

Re: PM problem - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on March 17, 2006 at 11:16:30:

If there is an agent, he/she should be able to handle this w/the PM. Personal contact is always better than phone calls. If PM is still playing hard to get, I’d get the agent to contact the owner. That said, the PM is probably miffed for not getting a piece of the action. For expediency, I’d consider offering a fee for “expediting” the application. PMs are a fact of life, & if you can’t figure out a way to handle him/her, you risk the deal (sucks, but the guiding principle is to get the deal done).

Tye

Mike! - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on March 16, 2006 at 23:09:17:

unrelated issue - call me Friday

360-265-1619

Results of interview, comments plz. - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on March 21, 2006 at 20:02:01:

Holy Cow!!! I have never in my life met someone as agressive, offensive, and verbally abusive as the PM of this park. She would not listen to a word I said, attacked any and everything I even tried to say, and had another park resident as a “witness” in case I tried anything. This is what the “old lady patrol” can turn into at an extreme. I knew there was trouble when the first thing out of her mouth was “Are you 55? No? Then you can’t live here.”

After calming myself back down. I now realize I have 3 options.

1. Walk - no money lost, no money gained.
  2. Keep the place under contract and let the realtor find a new buyer - and have her handle everything while my company remains completely in the background.
  3. Buy the place and move it less than 1 mile to a friendly, family park.

I am also going to write a very professional letter to the owner of the park (who was not there) explaining my experience. Anything else to consider?

Read John Merchant’s post on this subject - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on March 17, 2006 at 10:12:09:

This is John’s response to another poster having problems with a park…

“We had a similar situation here in WA recently, where the MHP Owner turned down several good, qualified buyers and eventually caused the MH owner to lose his MH to the MHP Owner for his defaulted MHP lot rent.
That MH owner and would-be seller then learned the MHP had accepted a lesser quality buyer for one or more of the MHP’s own MHs and the apparent reason the MHP had rejected the MH owner’s buyer applicants was because the MHPO wanted to grab (steal) his MH.
That MH owner/seller filed a lawsuit against the MHP owner for “tortious interference with a contractual relationship”, and sued the MHPO for his resulting damages.
The WA Supreme Court found in his favor in the case of Elliot vs. Huang and busted the MHPO for some sizeable damages…
You might have a similar case against the MHPO for its wrongful interference with your selling your MH.”