PM relations - what a concept - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Steve-WA on May 23, 2006 at 20:31:31:

but, not as much as on a setup home. Also, by filling a park, it ingratiates one to the management, and that could (and usually does) generate more leads - can that yield be measured? Probably by people smarter than I, but its all I can do to push those 4 or 5 buttons on my financial calculator to come up with “good 'nuf”!

PM relations - what a concept - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on May 23, 2006 at 13:26:18:

So, I got to talk with the PM of a new park today for a good 30 minutes. Found out she is a 1/3 owner with siblings and such. Anyways, she is very happy to help me out in getting things going and as such told me that she would split lot rent on a space for 4 months (or more if I try - heck, she’d probably pay the move if I asked nicely), if I get a nicer single-wide moved onto her only empty pad. As I’ve never really considered moving/setting up a mobile up to this point, I’m wondering just how much money a move/setup on a single would be (roughly). I’ll be pulling out the phone book shortly and calling around, but I figured I’d fire this to the Wa guys around here to get a ballpark idea.

SW move costs - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 23, 2006 at 17:07:26:

roughly 3K, before skirting and porch costs - skirting about 400 plus labor, porches about 300 ea plus labor

plus permits for building, moving permit; free, but requires taxes paid for 1-2 years in advance depending on if it crosses county lines or not, if pre-HUD, will require ~90 LNI permit for fire safety inspection, not including any fire safety upgrades (see http://www.lni.wa.gov/Forms/pdf/622011a0.pdf), LNI electrical hookup permit and labor materials to connect elec ~$500 or less

Sometimes, the park may more easily pickup the cost of elec hookup, if they dont pay for the move and setup

moving homes sucks - and this is just the readers digest version.

Re: SW move costs - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on May 23, 2006 at 19:46:55:

Which is why I haven’t tried moving a house yet - thank you for the info. :slight_smile: