PM's, borrowing money and other good stuff.. - Posted by The other Fred from NE OH

Posted by John (OR) on September 21, 2004 at 09:23:00:

As to the PM and the rules. I would expect there is no way she can
prevent someone from selling or buying a MH in the park. She might
have rules that stop rentals and have rules for approving owners credit
before they are allowed to stay (the MH being already there).

I think legally she would be on very thin ground if she tried to control
the buying and selling (cartel, monopoly, discrimination).

She might not be too friendly to others doing deals with MHs in her
park. I doubt she can legally prevent it vs. have the right to review such
deals.

John

PM’s, borrowing money and other good stuff… - Posted by The other Fred from NE OH

Posted by The other Fred from NE OH on September 20, 2004 at 20:44:36:

I enjoy reading at this site. Here are a few questions: 1)What questions, if any, should I ask a PM whose park does not permit wholesale/retail transactions (she does them) In other words, no property changes hands unless it is owner-occupied. This is according to the park’s by-laws. 2) Not having a transaction actually in the works, I asked a friend of mine to loan me 5k. He wants more details. I told him I would put together something and email him. I did mention that he would get a better return than the banks are offering for CD’s. Surely his request is reasonable, but I just don’t want to be held captive by him and not be able to develop my business.

Re: PM’s, borrowing money and other good stuff… - Posted by Tarheel T

Posted by Tarheel T on September 21, 2004 at 16:59:50:

Not normally this frank, but you need to learn how to sacrifice the non essentials and save that $5,000 yourself. Then you will be in control of your deal and business yourself and not be “held captive” by someone else with the self control to save their own start up money.

Re: PM’s, borrowing money and other good stuff… - Posted by Skip (CA)

Posted by Skip (CA) on September 21, 2004 at 09:38:49:

Fred:

The PM is the key to your dealing in any park. He/she can make or break you by approval/non-approval of your prospective tennants. Yes that’s legal, you’re trying to play in their park. The archives have much information on this subject. Just my thoughts.

Skip