positive and negative thoughts - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on June 05, 2006 at 21:52:42:

Or on the guy who was LOOKING through the microscope. :stuck_out_tongue:

positive and negative thoughts - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by michaela-FL on June 05, 2006 at 18:07:25:

One of the most fascinating things I’ve learned of in the past few months is this:

Dr. Masaru Emoto, a japanes researcher did some groundbreaking work with water.

He took various glasses of cold water from the same source and
each one was exposed to a concentrated thought for a certain period of time. Thoughts like: Love, thank you, I will kill you.

Then he took a high powered microscope and high speed photography and photographed the water crystals.

The water, that was exposed to positive messages formed beautiful crystals. The water that received negative messages were discolored and disformed.

So, considering that a human body is 90% water, what do you think a positive or negative thought/attitude and accomplish for us?

Michaela

Same for beer - Posted by Cletus’ friend

Posted by Cletus’ friend on June 12, 2006 at 08:50:55:

The same holds true for beer. Beer is something like 93% water, 6% “the good stuff” and oh, say 1% leftover hops and stuff.

I’ve noticed when I think good thoughts as I stare into my mug, the beer tastes sweet. But if I think yukky thoughts, the beer tastes icky. But then, maybe the bartender slipped me a Bud by mistake.
:o)

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on June 06, 2006 at 13:55:58:

I must have clicked the link to the Comical Real Estate Investment Forum by mistake.

To Drew; the percentage of water in the human body was determined by Dr. Francis Moore in the late 1940s by measuring the degree of dilution of deuterium. Men are 55% water, women are 50% water.

Just think… - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on June 06, 2006 at 13:06:43:

if Dr. Emoto put all of his effort into doing Lonnie Deals…

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by speednxs

Posted by speednxs on June 06, 2006 at 11:28:20:

If perception is reality, you probably live in a much nicer place than most of us!

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by Drew

Posted by Drew on June 06, 2006 at 11:10:09:

Michaela, I am with you on the power of positive thought, but there are many problems with that study as a scientific experiment. It was never subjected to peer review, and did not use double-blind methodology, just for starters. You can find scientific analysis of his results with a quick Google search.

In 2003, James Randi of the Randi Foundation publicly offered $1 million if Dr. Emoto could reproduce his results in a double-blind environment. See Commentary, May 23, 2003 — Chiropractic Crackup, Talking to Water, Sylvia Emerges!, Bidlack's Lumps, An MS Miracle, and a Korean Magic Stone... (though he is a bit caustic in his writing.)

I keep hearing that people are 90% water, but I don’t know who came up with that (or how)! Babies are born at about 78%, dropping to 65% by one year of age. Adult men are about 60% water, adult women about 55%. (Content varies from person to person, of course, and it also depends if you measure by volume or weight.)

But I totally agree with your conclusion that thoughts/attitudes can have a profound effect on our lives. There is stronger evidence for that than the Emoto study, however.

Drew

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by Dons

Posted by Dons on June 06, 2006 at 09:22:59:

He has the whole story and photographs on his website:

It reminds me of some of the research done by Jose Silva.

Don

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on June 05, 2006 at 21:49:58:

While I agree that positive and negative thoughts can affect us mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically, I don’t think the Dr.'s theory holds…water:)

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on June 05, 2006 at 20:48:33:

I seriously doubt that the negative and positive thoughts penetrated the water molecules. More likely they acted on the microscope and cameras, LOL.

dealmaker

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by ski

Posted by ski on June 05, 2006 at 19:22:11:

Do you believe in reichi??? works for most.

Re: positive and negative thoughts - Posted by michaela-FL

Posted by michaela-FL on June 06, 2006 at 12:56:09:

So, if mean are 60% water and women are 55%, does that mean we have a biological reason for making more waves?
Since we have the extra 5% for the water to move around in? :wink:

Maybe I can use that the next time a man complaints, that I’m too emotional about an issue - lol

Michaela