possible first deal...HELP - Posted by mikePA

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 10, 2003 at 09:57:24:

Mike–¶----------------

Well, I think the first thing you should do is be clearer on what you are talking about. The word “auction” is vague. You mention an amount. You mention something about taxes owed. But you do not indicate if this is a tax sale or if it is a mortgage foreclosure, or what it is.

Different situations require different actions. After clarification, it may be possible to give you some advice.

Good InvestingRon Starr******

possible first deal…HELP - Posted by mikePA

Posted by mikePA on August 10, 2003 at 06:25:53:

I may have found my first deal. It’s an abandoned house (raised ranch) that is buried in a 2.2 acre lot. There is a notice that it will be going up for auction in mid september for just under 9k (starting bid). The current owners have until the end of august to pay 3k in taxes…a friend of mine just bought the house and 3.2 acre lot next door for 212k…
The house has been vacant for about 6 months…not in bad shape…how do I proceed?? Is there a way to get it before it goes up for auction??? My friend’s (the guy mentioned above) father-in-law is trying to get it also, but really doensn’t know where to go for answers…so I’m trying to beat him to the punch…PLEASE someone point me in the right direction…Thanks.

mikePA