possible FIRST DEAL !!! - Posted by ken

Re: The Outer Limits… - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on July 26, 2001 at 08:30:50:

Very inspirational stuff Chuck. When you get a minute, I lost your address so hit me with an email (I can’t email from here…gasp…day job and all?).
Thanks, Lyal

Re: The Outer Limits… - Posted by Paul (TX)

Posted by Paul (TX) on July 25, 2001 at 15:29:48:

Way to go, Chuck! Your email was very inspirational.

P.M.

P.S. I’d also like to be “on the list” … right behind Doris!

Re: Get a Clue… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 26, 2001 at 11:36:38:

Karl,

I did realize that it was 2 different people… and that both were persuing the same idea.

I also considered that you were probably joking… however inappropiate that may have been at the time.

The “stupid” comment referred to mortgaging his life ($90k on a 2nd) for 2 junky 20 year old mobile homes, more than it did the question on Florida.

Not a wise investment, and surely a fast track to financial oblivion.

I can tell you for a fact that for every person who posts to the forum, there are 20 more who do nothing but read them. Bear that in mind.

Yes, some of my posts are harsh… they’re intended to be.

And I won’t apoligize for that, ever.

The one person I don’t reach, will be the one who most needed it… and in this case, instead of saving one soul, I saved two… maybe more.

Clue?

Live from the “I” Quadrant… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 26, 2001 at 02:02:17:

I fully realize that some of my posts come across as harsh. Quite frankly, that’s intended.

The purpose of course, is to hopefully prevent someone from making a mistake they can’t live with.

Not eveyone has “the knack” for sniffing out a good RE deal… and altho you may not be born with it (damm few of us are), it can be learned.

The biggest step in that direction is in developing the proper mind-set (one of an investor). Without it, your chances of success are truly diminished.

With that in mind, I’d like to make a suggestion regarding your education…

Buy a copy of “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki (ISBN #0-446-67745-0). Follow up with “Cash-Flow Quadrant” by the same author… about $30 for both.

When your finished, pass them along to your in-laws.

I could give you the short stroke of it here, but it wouldn’t have the same effect.

Trust me on this.

Re: The Outer Limits… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 27, 2001 at 12:00:11:

It’s a waiting list for info on a new method of doing deals with mobile homes.

If I told you any more than that, I’d have to kill you.

:wink:

I’ll put you on it… the list that is.

(that’s a good thing… )

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 26, 2001 at 11:55:05:

Done.

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 25, 2001 at 15:49:45:

You got it bud.

Actually … - Posted by Kevin (FL)

Posted by Kevin (FL) on July 27, 2001 at 03:08:11:

I was just wondering if Florida was a good place for mobile home deals, since you mentioned something about transient trailer parks while referring to Florida!!!

Re: Live from the “I” Quadrant… - Posted by Lee Ramey

Posted by Lee Ramey on July 26, 2001 at 05:31:19:

I second that, I bought 6 copies of Rich Dad for my children and my siblings. Plus I buy almost any thing written by Robert Kiyosaki. A very good read, thought provoking. Don’t let the principles just slide over your head, I knew these things growing up but didn’t apply them, at 43 I hope I’m back on track now and am not too late.

Re: The Outer Limits… - Posted by Amy VA

Posted by Amy VA on July 27, 2001 at 13:18:58:

LOL! Thanks Chuck! You crack me up!

Re: Actually … - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 27, 2001 at 10:31:31:

Seriously… any state is a good state, but my personal opinion is that Florida and Arizona are the best.

That’s why I own 2 here, one of which is a 55+.

Hint, hint.

Re: Live from the “I” Quadrant… - Posted by Kevin inOK

Posted by Kevin inOK on July 26, 2001 at 07:21:02:

Thanks for your thoughts…I’ve read all 5 of Kiyosaki’s RD/PD books (yes, 5. There was one before RD/PD…his first was “If you want to be rich and happy don’t go to school?”) and I’m looking forward to his next series due out this fall.

I lent a copy of RD/PD to my inlaws, and they countered with a newspaper article they had read which was critical of Kiyosaki. Making this more difficult is the fact that my inlaws truly are financially independent. They did it the way it was done in the Industrial Age…worked 40 years for the same company, lived frugally, invested heavily in growth stocks and his company plans.

They are reluctant to accept values that conflict with what worked for them historically. However, I don’t believe it’s realistic to expect what worked over the last 40 years for them or others is prone to continue.
Thus their stock portfolios have taken a hit also…

I want to create a different vehicle and opportunity for my future, and that of my children if they’ll join me, and if the economy, etc. hasn’t again changed for them when they’re grown.

And so I come to Creonline, to learn and to grow, whether my inlaws or others join me on the journey or not.

I often reflect on the fact that only 5% of North Americans will be financially independent at age 65. I guess that means I can ignore the financial beliefs and ideas of about 95% of folks anyway.

Kevin in OK

Re: The Outer Limits… - Posted by Doris - Va.

Posted by Doris - Va. on July 27, 2001 at 15:00:44:

Chuck cracks me up too, Amy!! LOL

Where in Va. are you located? My email " signature" will let you know where I am.

I think I am No. 1 or 2 on Chuck’s list. It sounds like a winner to me, if you are willing to get the deals.

I am still a newbie but have a couple of years following this site and reading and learning about REI. Had to wait for recovery of knee surgeries but I am ready now.

I have a S-Wide lined up and it should close soon. A partner and I recently passed on buying a small park. It was definitely a learning experience however. The owner was just not as motivated as she should have been.

What is your experience so far?

Doris

Thanks (NT) - Posted by Kevin (FL)

Posted by Kevin (FL) on July 28, 2001 at 03:01:20:

The Have’s and the Have Not’s… - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 26, 2001 at 11:53:52:

In Robert’s book, he mentions that about 5% of the population will have over $100k in “living money” at retirement age.

He also mentions that “assisted-living” runs upward of $80k a year.

His criteria for being an “I” person, is totally valid… “how long can you survive after the money stops?” is a accurate guage.

Actually, that criteria could be applied to anyone.

We have a rather large homeless population here in Tucson… who congretate on the south-side. They panhandle outside of any business that will tolerate them… or at least they did until the city clamped down on it recently.

20-30 year olds who’ve lost everything, and have no future… and I see 50-60 year olds headed there… all because of the way they were “educated”.

Who’s to blame? The schools, the government, big business, you, me… it didn’t have to be that way.

There but for the grace of God… go you and I.

Well said Kevin!..and good outlook! - Posted by Jeremy in OK

Posted by Jeremy in OK on July 26, 2001 at 10:30:10:

Kevin,

I like what you said about not worrying about
what your inlaws think. To me, so many people
have negative attitudes about real estate, and
don’t think there is any money to be made. Of
course these are the same people that are more
than likely in the same place they have always
been…which is no where! We are the ones
that have the ability to change our future!
Just wanted to let you know that I liked your
message in your post!

Later,
Jeremy in OK