Possible Opportunity - Posted by Alex

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 31, 2000 at 17:38:19:

He probably has an heir somewhere. It is a matter of finding them. To be able to change title a probate may have to be opened. This may take time before this is done. If there were a funeral find the funeral home and inquire about getting in touch with relatives. Keep an eye on the property to see if anyone shows up to take care of it. How about putting a note on the door that you’ll take care of the yard for $10/mo. If anyone came they would have a reason to contact you.

It is prossible that there was no living heir that was aware of his death. Then you get into adverse possession possibilities. Don’t wait till no one pays the property taxes, act.

Possible Opportunity - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on December 28, 2000 at 12:53:10:

I just learned that one of my neighbors passed away recently. From previous conversations with him I know that he has no surviving family.
He has owned his house for many years, free and clear.
In an attempt to purchase his house, what should be my course of action? Assuming he did not will it to someone, what happens to real estate in this instance? In the event he did will it to someone, how can I find out who this person would be so I can approach them about a sale?
I live in Washington state.
Thanks for your expertise and insight,
A