Postcards -- How do I create them? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Sheik on May 04, 2000 at 11:06:00:

I never knew about that! You mean I can enter the prospects name/addresses in a database in publisher and print them out directly onto the post cards??

This I gotta check into.

Thanks
Sheik

Postcards – How do I create them? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on May 03, 2000 at 21:08:30:

I’m going to make some advertising postcards. I intend to use 8 x 11 1/2" card stock, printing four cards to a page.

Is there an easy way to do this on MS Word? If not, how do I do it?

It seems like I need to divide a page into four distinct sections and then copy my card design into each of the four sections. I just don’t know how to do that (or if I can with MS Word).

Thx in advance.

Ron

Different Program - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on May 04, 2000 at 11:12:48:

I use a little program called Announcements by Parsons Technology. It’s cheap and you can do brochures, flyers, banners, postcards, etc., etc. Heck, the postcard stock paper from Staples costs more than the program!

Good luck!

Re: Postcards – How do I create them? - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 04, 2000 at 09:55:13:

Read the help file under “Tables”. Basically, you have to make a table grid, type your stuff into one, then cut & paste into the other 4 grids. I made business cards that way. Major pain getting everything to line up right, but it can be done.

MS Publisher is much easier to use, and really isn’t all that expensive. I use it a LOT for designing brochures, etc.

BG

Re: Postcards – How do I create them? - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on May 03, 2000 at 22:44:40:

I use MS Publisher. With it I can create, edit and do just about anything I want to do. I can also create a database within publisher and link it to a specific postcard.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck in REI

Joe

Re: Different Program - Posted by ben

Posted by ben on May 05, 2000 at 24:52:49:

Great suggestion, Steve!

Announcements is a little-known, but excellent and inexpensive tool for great desk top publishing.

I do have and use just about all the major DTP software and have found Announcements & other Parsons products to be excellent!

Another great and inexpensive program for making postcards, brochures, logos, business cards and web pages is “Page Plus” by Serif - currently in version 5.0.