Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by Tom on March 07, 2000 at 09:23:03:

You would not happen to be in Pre-K would you. If not, you maturity level would suggest it. Why is someone a goof for expressing concern over someone unauthorized touching his/her car. If my car gets damaged, I would like to think that it is from me driving it. Not from someone trying to stick a flyer on my windshield and breaking my wipers, them scratching the side while leaning over to place the flyer on the windshield, etc. So, how about grow up a little Ger.

Tom

Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by PeteH(NYC)

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on March 05, 2000 at 21:58:15:

Ron LeGrand’s “How to Find the Motivated Sellers (Part 2)” article says “Put flyers on every door in the neighborhood. Car windows and mail boxes are off limits.” I know there’s a federal statute against putting anything in a mailbox that didn’t travel through the mail; is there some prohibition against flyering cars? (They’ve done it in some of my neighborhoods.)

More specifically, is it against the law to cover a mall parking lot with flyers on windshields? Seems like it’d be so effective…

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by wally

Posted by wally on March 07, 2000 at 20:52:43:

In some place they have laws against flyers on windshields. So I fold them in half and place them on the drive side door above the handle in between the window and the piece of rubber against the window. this way the car driver sees it getting into the car. ever get into a car and see the flyer on the window. pain in the buttox it is. wally

Ron LeGrand is right… - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on March 06, 2000 at 21:05:48:

I believe Ron is right in discouraging flyers on car windows. Most of us feel this to be a negative way to get attention. And some can be fined for littering. Much better the first suggestion. Door Hangars. Let me know if you need address of company that will print them for you. Same co. Realtors use.

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 06, 2000 at 07:44:59:

Different cities probably have different ordinances. Here in my town, each strip center has it’s own rules. It is better to ask forgiveness than permission. Put them on the cars, and stop when they tell you to ! It’s more of a litter issue in most places.

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on March 05, 2000 at 22:26:20:

You could probably get away with it, but you’re gonna pss off a lot of people…I know I would be pssed if someone touched my car…

It’s like an invasion of privacy…

Good Luck,

Justin Lee

Name of Company…Door Hangers - Posted by DFaria(MD/DC/VA)

Posted by DFaria(MD/DC/VA) on March 07, 2000 at 08:00:12:

I would like the name of the company…

Thank You in advance…

DJ

Re: Ron LeGrand is right… - Posted by Beverly McCray

Posted by Beverly McCray on March 07, 2000 at 04:50:05:

Yes sir…Please send me the company name. I need a new way of advertising.

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by Gerry S

Posted by Gerry S on March 06, 2000 at 01:54:50:

Get a grip Justin! If placing a flyer on your car is a problem to you then I think you need counciling. An invasion of privacy!
Keep the car in the garage for heavens sakes! What a goof you are. Tell me where you are from, I wanna flyer the pi55 out of your car!

Gerry

Rockford, Illinois - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on March 06, 2000 at 11:58:06:

Look man, you’re the one who needs to chill. If I ever see anyone standing by my car, even looking at it wrong, there’s going to be a confrontation. It’s not your property so stay away from it.

I drive a classic car, and I worked hard to get it. You get real tired of jealous punks who key it, break into it, try to steal it, etc. And if someone puts a flyer on my car and causes damage (the zipper on your coat scratches it, etc.) believe me there’s going to be a problem.

I would never do the flyers on the cars, instead why not distribute them door to door in your target neighborhoods? There are a hundred other ways to market your business that are just as effective, if not more so.

Peace,

Justin

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by Bassman

Posted by Bassman on March 06, 2000 at 09:11:31:

I agree with Justin , in that most people do not like to have things put on their windshields. I know I dont. Another reason is that there comes a problem of litter. As people disregard your flyer , they typically throw them on the ground. The person responsible for the cleanup is not going to be the driver, who has since gone, but the person to whom the flyers belong. Should the parking lot become cluttered with your trash, the businesses that use that area , have a right to go after you, especially if there is a no posting, or distributing rule in effect. There are so many other ways now adays to get your flyers out, why give Justin grief over his concern???
Scott Cooper

Re: Posting Flyers on Cars - Posted by Gerry S

Posted by Gerry S on March 07, 2000 at 05:17:50:

Simply cause he sounds like an goof!