potential income - Posted by Leo

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on January 17, 2001 at 18:39:35:

Leo,

Let me make sure I understand. You wrote that you’re very skeptical about advice from the Internet and yet here you are asking for advice on the Internet.

Since you’re skeptical about advice from the Internet, why not use other resources to find the answers to your questions.

Here are three suggestions for you:

1. Attend a meeting of your local real estate investor group and pose your questions to some of the members who are full-time investors.

2. Call some of the “I Buy Houses” ads in your local paper. Screen the advertisers to determine which ones are full-timers and pose your questions to them.

3. Call a couple of local title companies and ask for referrals to some local full-time investors. Pose your questions to them.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

potential income - Posted by Leo

Posted by Leo on January 15, 2001 at 08:29:25:

Hi my name is leo I am 22 years old and getting ready to graduate college as an electronics engineer. So therefore I really don’t know too much about real estate investing. I am however extremly interested in this as a career. I am at this time in the middle of reading my first book on the subject as well as reading the posts here. I have a million questions for everyone here, but I guess my first question would be is it realistic for me to think that this could turn into a full time career? What kind of income could I expect both short term and long term.
Thank you
Leo

Re: potential income - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 16, 2001 at 19:41:39:

When speaking with sellers, it will give you credibility to be able to say, “I’m a PE, who buys houses.” If you don’t have any money and need to go to a bank to get some, they may prefer dealing with an engineer. Iâ??m not recommending a life sentence at a JOB, it just seems a shame not to make some use of your degree.

Re: potential income - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on January 15, 2001 at 17:47:59:

I am a physicist turned investor. My portfolio includes stocks, bonds, and a lot of real estate. I don’t have a “job”.

So, yes, you can do it full time if you wish to.

How much can you make? How ambitious are you? How well organized are you? How energetic are you?

Re: potential income - Posted by Leo

Posted by Leo on January 17, 2001 at 17:32:13:

First, I would like to thank everyone for their input. Second I don’t mean to sound rude at all, but you guys sound alot like salesmen . Don’t take this the wrong way I am just very skeptical about advice from the internet. Please feel free to answer this and tell me if I’m crazy

Leo