Pre-Foreclosure Contact Letters - Posted by Steve

Posted by Jim IL on January 15, 2000 at 18:33:08:

Thanks Joe.

Pre-Foreclosure Contact Letters - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on January 15, 2000 at 16:34:46:

Hi, I am in need of locating a contact letter for properties that will be going into foreclosure. I have heard that it is important to talk about saving their credit, giving a little moving money and so forth. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pre-Foreclosure Contact Letters - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on January 15, 2000 at 18:54:50:

Steve-

Mention to them everything you want to include in your sales pitch upfront to hook them. Just make sure they are not given any money until you have the keys, the locks are changed and they are out the door. You may even want to help with arrangements such as getting a moving van,etc.

Others may disagree with me on this but I would not consider lease optioning the property back to them. You want them out of there.

-Good luck,Chris

Re: Pre-Foreclosure Contact Letters - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 15, 2000 at 16:56:25:

Steve,
I don’t have a letter to offer you, but I do have a question for you.
You said something about mentioning “moving money”.
Why would you mention giving the seller any money at all until you have completed some due diligence, and inspected the home?
Until you know the whole situation, you should not offer the seller anything, especially CASH!
Just my $.02,
Jim IL

Re: Pre-Foreclosure Contact Letters - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on January 15, 2000 at 17:59:13:

Jim, you missed this one by a mile. Always make your best deal up front and then (and ONLY then) complete your homework. It’s NEVER a problem to write things up, even if that’s 10 seconds after first meeting them.

Joe