Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by Harold

Posted by Augie (So. CA) on November 02, 2000 at 24:03:21:

Which paper gets the best bang for your buck? Is it the PennySaver type or the (in my case) Los Angeles Times?

Regards,
Augie

Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by Harold

Posted by Harold on November 01, 2000 at 12:58:09:

Ok, I’ve been reading tons of information about getting foreclosures. I’m just starting my business, and I’m wanting to be as aggressive as possible. I really need some solid advice on where to find people that are going into foreclosure. Everybody I talk to says this is a great way to find deals, BUT NOBODY WILL TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO FIND THEM!!! I live in Pennsylvania, have been to the county courthouse numerous times, and still have no idea how to find people that are in danger of foreclosure. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I’m starting to get frustrated here. Thanks.

Re: Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on November 02, 2000 at 08:28:10:

I disagree somewhat with Ryan. People facing problems such as foreclosures often are in denial or waiting for the big lottery winnings. They are probably not going to call on an ad in the paper. Though a few might.

As Joe Kaiser says you’ve got to get belly to belly with the distressed owner right at his kitchen table. You’re better odds are to do your research down at the courthouse. Are you going to the right courthouse where foreclosures are filed. In my state that would be the superior court. Next time when you are at the courthouse ask them which court would handle foreclosures. Also different states have different names for the specific foreclosure action. Check out what that would be in your state.

The courthouse is still your best bet.

Re: Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by Ryan Flores

Posted by Ryan Flores on November 01, 2000 at 13:10:27:

Harold, The best ways to get forclosures is to have them come to you. I place ads in the paper in the area I’m concerned with that state something to the effect: I BUY HOUSES
Need to sell your house because… pending foreclosure, late on payments, divorce, leaving etc.

I placed an add just last month and have one guy pending foreclosure call me and tell me I can assume his loan if I just make up his back payments. Let these people come to you. Don’t run the add just one month, let it run a few months. It takes people a while to see something over and over before they decide to call. You will get all types of calls and this allows you to be selective and choose the deals that are best for you.

Re: Pre-Foreclosure - Posted by Harold

Posted by Harold on November 01, 2000 at 14:36:58:

Great advice, thanks Ryan!