Pre-Foreclosures and Realtors - Posted by Ron

Posted by John Behle on February 17, 2000 at 10:09:18:

I’d enter the recorder’s office into a search on Lycos, Hotbot, etc. Then if you don’t find anything, possibly call around to title companies and see if they know. You may also want to post the county you are interested here and see if someone knows or knows how to find out quickly.

Pre-Foreclosures and Realtors - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on February 15, 2000 at 14:24:45:

I need some help. I found a house going into foreclosure that is listed with a realtor. I was just wondering which way to approach this. Should I contact the realtor or just knock on the homeowners door? Also is there a way to find out exactly what encumberances there are on the property without ordering a title search. It could get pretty expensive if I had to do that on every property I was considering. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Pre-Foreclosures and Realtors - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on February 15, 2000 at 15:03:29:

Check to see if your recorder’s office is online. One of ours is and I can do a title search in 5 seconds.

As a private individual you can just contact the seller. I have seen again and again where agents do not even know a property is in foreclosure or have given up hope if they do. Many times the agent is the biggest hindrance to selling the property. When you do deal with the agent, I would suggest having your own agent represent you. Far too many agents are “stuck in their ways”.

I’m not starting another “slap the agents around” post. I am a broker. It’s just reality of what works.

You might get lucky. Some agents are even deeply concerned about what happens to the seller and willing to negotiate on commission or help put the deal through. I’m not one to slash an agent’s commission, yet sometimes it is the only way to get a deal through. I far prefer getting them to take terms - like hold a note rather than cut the commission.

My preference is to have my own agent representing me. As a broker I STILL have other agents represent me when I am buying and selling at times. The value of a good agent is immeasurable.

Re: Pre-Foreclosures and Realtors - Posted by scottny

Posted by scottny on February 17, 2000 at 07:47:44:

How can you find out whether or not a recorders office is online? Any suggestions?

Very Well Said! (NT) - Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network

Posted by David Butler America’s Note Network on February 15, 2000 at 19:53:22:

NT

Links to public record sites. - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on February 17, 2000 at 11:07:52:

You may find some of your State or County links at this site.

http://www.brbpub.com/pubrecsites.asp