pre-foreclosures - Posted by angie, Tx

Posted by todd on October 29, 2003 at 10:17:26:

i would like to know for florida as well

pre-foreclosures - Posted by angie, Tx

Posted by angie, Tx on October 29, 2003 at 09:08:16:

In Texas, properties to be foreclosed on are posted at the courthouse 21 days prior to the trustee sale. Does any one know if there is a way to locate people fixing to be foreclosed on before that 21 days, such as maybe contacting trustees, or the mortgage co., or is there something else filed prior to the posting to tip you off early? If anyone has had any experiences with this, I would appreciate it if you could share it with me.
Thanks,
Angie, Tx.

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on October 29, 2003 at 12:58:49:

Some notices are filed before the 21st day prior. You can do online searches in some counties. You can contact trustees, but they usually have no incentive to give you info, and may suffer negative conseq if they did. So much of this stuff is institutional that it’s hard to get info.

I’ve been able to get some early leads before, but usually only a few days before the filing. To me preforeclosures are a numbers game, and the few leads I’ve been given were nothing great.

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on October 29, 2003 at 09:13:42:

What county are you in?

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by Eric - GA

Posted by Eric - GA on October 29, 2003 at 12:06:21:

Jason-

Do you have a source for this info in TX? Just for some counties? What about Lubbock county?

Eric - GA