pre-foreclosures - Posted by CMS

Posted by Ben (FL) on August 18, 2001 at 08:05:18:

If you’re at the courthouse doing research and looking up deeds, then the grantor on the existing deed is the old owner that the people being foreclosed on bought the house from, the people living in the house are listed as grantees. Likewise, on the mortgage, the people being foreclosed on granted a mortgage to the bank, so on the mortgage the is filed in public records, the people are the grantors of the mortgage and the bank is the grantee of the mortgage.

If you’re talking about taking title to the property subject to the existing mortgage that is in foreclosure, then the people actually in foreclosure (the home owners) are the grantors, and you (by yourself) or a trustee for a trust are the grantees.

pre-foreclosures - Posted by CMS

Posted by CMS on August 16, 2001 at 09:34:41:

I am a new investor and I have been trying to find out how you get information on pre-foreclosures. When I say pre-foreclosure I mean the period when the bank files a note of default with the county. I don’t know if I should check the county clerks office or the county court. I don’t have time to go down to the courts everyday and I was wondering if there was a service that provided this information.
I’ve checked several foreclosure websites and they just list Bank REOs. I live near Harris County, Brazoria and Fort Bend, in Texas. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks.

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on August 16, 2001 at 14:46:27:

I have found that most counties have the County property appraisers database on line. Do a search on the internet for “Harris County Government”.

If the database is online, then just search the Lis Pendens filed each month. Look up the address of the property and contact the owner.

If the database is not online, there must be some method of public notification of a foreclosure proceeding. There should be a weekly paper that publishs public notices. Ask at the courthouse where the foreclosure notices are published.

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by MSchmidt (IL)

Posted by MSchmidt (IL) on August 16, 2001 at 11:35:23:

In addition to what David posted, you can find local services that pull this information as well. I tried one here in the Chicago area but found it of little use for the cost. Nice thing was the service reported liens and balances, so it was easy to spot a deal. Down side I found working this market is banks are letting people get way way out before foreclosing. It is not uncommon in my area, where homes say in the $150K to $200K range would need $10 to $20K of funds to bring them current. This made it difficult to work a L/O or Subject To, unless you have the funds to do so.

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by David W. Hall

Posted by David W. Hall on August 16, 2001 at 10:13:43:

Check to see if you have any legal newspapers in your area. These papers list public notices of all kinds. Here is a web address for the Daily Commercial Record in Dallas. Maybe you could contact them to see if they could help you find one in your area–http://www.mode14.com/dcr/

Also I would be interested in those web addresses for REOs. Would you send them to me. Thanks.

David

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by ReggieSan

Posted by ReggieSan on August 17, 2001 at 19:38:37:

Just for my edification, it seems that the Grantor is the people being foreclosed on. Being the Grantor, they are giving what to whom?

Bird dog - Posted by Dynasty

Posted by Dynasty on February 14, 2002 at 18:48:32:

Hi I am a Chicago investor who is starting out, I was wondering if you needed a bird dog, I’m willing to work 20 hours a week. Just hungry for experience.

Dynasty

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by Nathaniel Walker

Posted by Nathaniel Walker on August 16, 2001 at 11:53:37:

Hi Mschmidt

I live in chicago and need a little help on offers.

Could you e-mail me?

thanks

Nate

Re: pre-foreclosures - Posted by cms

Posted by cms on August 16, 2001 at 10:58:39:

Thanks for the information. There is a daily paper here in Houston I will take a look at it. The site I’ve found that seems to be pretty good was www.foreclosure.com