Pre-Leasing Development Space. - Posted by McFla

Posted by McFL on July 15, 2003 at 16:14:07:

Excellent. I won’t have to travel too far- I live in Orlando.

Any resources you can reccomend to learn about retail? I do not have a site yet. I am in the preliminary stages of researching this prop. type.

Thanks in advance,
MC

Pre-Leasing Development Space. - Posted by McFla

Posted by McFla on July 07, 2003 at 16:22:30:

What is the best way to attract National and/or Regional tenants to a speculative site? I am thinking of a small strip center.

I prefer to work backwards i.e. detemine what type of site these tenants prefer Demograhphy, vehicle count, Hard Shell, etc. Locate that site and then …?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Re: Pre-Leasing Development Space. - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on July 15, 2003 at 14:52:24:

Michael,

You’re in luck… the best opportunity to find a whole slew of prospective tenants in one place is an ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers) regional meeting, and the annual Florida meeting is in Orlando next month. The link for information on the meeting is at http://icsc.org/cgi/mtlist Scroll down to August and click on the description for the “Florida Conference.”

There is a full program of educational sessions, state of the industry type speakers, and a dealmaking session for retailers and developers. Get together the appropriate information about your project (site plan, neighborhood analysis, demographics, etc.) and be ready to talk endlessly about your deal. You’ll have the opportnity to speak directly to real estate reps for the retailers themselves, as well as maybe run into some brokers that are active in your area with tenant site searches underway. You will not be disappointed.

Note: I’m a member of ICSC, but I receive nothing for recommending their programs. In my opinion they are an excellent organization with the best programs in the industry. You don’t have to be a member to attend, but if you’re going to be active in retail you’ll find the organization is an incredible resource.

ray