Pre-paid Legal Svs - anybody used them - Posted by Russell S. (MD/VA)

Posted by MilNC on January 16, 1999 at 18:13:28:

Which plan did you use, the family plan or the
small business. I was thinking the family plan, due to
the small business had more to do with employees.

Pre-paid Legal Svs - anybody used them - Posted by Russell S. (MD/VA)

Posted by Russell S. (MD/VA) on January 15, 1999 at 13:12:18:

Hello all,

Has any body used pre-paid legal services to handle landlord legal activities such as: filing evictions, attending court evictions proceedings on your behalf.

I know P.P.legal svcs handles things like traffic tickets, drawing up wills and trusts. But I need something to take care of some these property managing activities that require me take to take a couple hours of leave from work.

Thanks - Russell

I used them for 2 months & I was dissatisfied. - Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila)

Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila) on January 17, 1999 at 19:48:50:

I signed up for prepaid legal as it sounded so good. Then I asked one of their attorneys a question concerning a commercial lease. I acted upon that attorneys advice only to find that the next attorney I spoke with disagreed with the first one in the same firm. I passed off that but then wanted them to write a letter to one of my commercial tenants although I indicated that it was very important that they actually send the letter to me for me to present to the tenant only if I chose to. Guess who they sent the letter to. In this case it was 2 strikes and they were out as far as I was concerned. I discontinued the service.

Re: Pre-paid Legal Svs - anybody used them - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on January 16, 1999 at 11:29:17:

I used the service for determination of status of my claim concerning a bankrupt company which owed me money. Top rated company in our area handled it. It’s so good that I’m not only a satisfied member, I also became an associate. Take a peek at how this service can help anyone involved in real estate… for a bargain!
http://www.teleport.com/~whyusa/ppl/pploview.htm

Re: Pre-paid Legal Svs - anybody used them - Posted by Natasha

Posted by Natasha on January 16, 1999 at 01:56:55:

I have been using Pre-Paid for the last few months and I use them on a regular basis (at least 1x a wk). I like to do the research and then I call Pre-Paid for advice. They have helped me with evictions, landlord-tenant disputes and commercial leases and contracts. So far I have been pleased. The attorney in Maryland is Weinstock & Friedman.

Re: Pre-paid Legal Svs - anybody used them - Posted by Terry (dallas)

Posted by Terry (dallas) on January 15, 1999 at 14:36:48:

I use them for my personal use but have not for real estate. Call them at 1-800-654-7757 and ask the questions.
Terry