Predictive Dialers - Posted by Michael(TX)

Posted by Soraya(CA) on May 26, 2000 at 11:02:05:

Rob
You may be right.

His words were “I am looking for a method to mass dial “home sellers” and leave them a message concerning my L/O program”

When he said “home sellers” my interpretation of what he meant was that these were “known” home sellers.

Soraya(CA)

Predictive Dialers - Posted by Michael(TX)

Posted by Michael(TX) on May 25, 2000 at 10:28:04:

I am looking for a method to mass dial home sellers and leave them a message concerning my L/O program. I want to be able to send out an outgoing message to hundreds of people at a time that inquires about the availability of their homes. I also want them to be able to leave a message in the correct box, i.e. let?s say that I am calling sellers of SFH?s and MH?s because I offer two programs. I want to be able to direct them to the right message. I am looking for a fully autonomous system that I can program and run at home. In short, I want to own the hardware and/or software. I have heard of predictive dialers that will dial up to 600 individual numbers at a time with hands off message taking, but I do not know where I can purchase the equipment for myself. Does anyone know where I can find this equipment or the software that I can run through my computer?

Is this effective? I find it really annoying! - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on May 26, 2000 at 16:32:57:

Before Dirk got an outside office, all of his mobile home ads used our home phone number. We regularly and frequently got a pre-recorded phone call from some local investor looking for leads. He obviously sent this call to everyone with a home or mobile home for sale in that publication because we run a generic, “Lonnie Deal” ad. We do not target the “I buy houses” investor. The call went something like this: “Please stay on the line to hear an important message…CLICK!!!” How dare this person waste my time because he is too important or too lazy to call me directly. Why would I do business with him. Now, maybe he’s read a home-study course or two. Maybe he realizes the advantage of having the motivated seller call him. Maybe he just wanted to streamline his business. Unfortunately, his method really put me off, and I can’t imagine it being at all effective.

Whew! I didn’t realize how much those calls bugged me.
Jeanne

Are these “KNOWN” home sellers? - Posted by Soraya(CA)

Posted by Soraya(CA) on May 26, 2000 at 11:08:24:

Michael,
I am confused by your post.
Are these Known home sellers or are you just picking out a zip code area to call?

Soraya(CA)

Re: Predictive Dialers BE CAREFUL - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on May 25, 2000 at 20:44:50:

In Florida, if you dial a number that is listed with the phone company as not wanting any contact you can be fined big bucks. Check in your state and be sure it is ok

Steve

? for John Behle RE: Predictive Dialers - Posted by Soraya

Posted by Soraya on May 25, 2000 at 13:00:47:

The System sounds great.
Where can I purchase it?
Is it related to a computer or is it stand alone?
If related to computer will it work with a MacIntosh G3?
Thanks
Soraya

Re: Predictive Dialers - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on May 25, 2000 at 11:10:12:

Last month’s Ron LeGrand tape was a guy plugging just such a system. If you want the contact info let me know and I’ll listen to it again for you.

BG

Re: Predictive Dialers - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 25, 2000 at 11:07:10:

I would be very careful here. Cold calling like this could land you in big water. Many states have enacted “no solicitation” lists. Telemarketers or others who call people on this list can be subject to hefty fines. And with the creation of caller-ID, it is easy to get info on who called you. For instance in Florida, violators are subject to a $10,000 fine for each offense. Imagine what would happen if you ticked off a bunch of people and they all filed a complaint. Here is Florida’s website, I am sure many other states have similar laws.

http://www.800helpfla.com/~cs/tmkfaq3.html

I don’t want to discourage you, but hopefully I am helping you dodge a huge potential bullet.

Re: Predictive Dialers - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 25, 2000 at 10:45:05:

One system to check into is by “Talking Technologies” and is called “Big Mouth”. They have several others, but this one is the one I’m familiar with. It’s about $300 and is a voice mail system that includes the outbound dialing. It can call and give them a simple message or it can give them a message and let them interact with a full set of menus and options.

Last I checked they hadn’t come up with a version that runs along with other applications, but it would run on a dedicated 286 or less.

In my opinion it is the best phone system and voice mail available also. In addition to the outbound dialing capabilities it can also handle the incoming calls with up to 999 mailboxes. It will transfer calls and do the full functions of a switchboard. For example, someone calls and enters your personal extension. It calls your cell phone and you’re busy. It goes back into the voice mail and gives them more options. They leave a message and the system tracks you down later to deliver the message. It’s also nice for communications. You can actually just leave a message for someone or a group you’ve set up with a box on your system and know it will deliver them.

You can even set up boxes and transfers to people you call regular. I used to call up from another state on our 800 number and check my mail, then ring Mike’s extension, leave a message, then call John’s extension and coordinate with him, then transfer to a friend’s extension I had programmed, etc.

You could tie a group together all throughout the world and people would think you were all right there in the same building.

The outbound dialing is fairly simple to program in a group of numbers. It’s just a simple text file, so you just enter them as text or use a file you download or load from a contact database.

Re: ? for John Behle RE: Predictive Dialers - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 25, 2000 at 15:04:13:

I don’t know if they have a Mac version. It does need a computer and will NOT multitask. Meaning it needs to be the only application running on the computer - though they might have changed that.

Yet, we’ve had it on a 286 machine ($50 bucks) and it runs fine. You wouldn’t even need a keyboard or monitor, though it would be fine with a cheapy keyboard and a monochome monitor. You can access and program from another machine though. You can even change phone books and do limited programming over the phone.

I just located what I think is their website at: http://www.talktech.co.nz/

Re: Predictive Dialers - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on May 25, 2000 at 11:16:05:

Hey Bert!

Did you get the LeGrand tape as part of a subscription you have to The Mentor? If so, did that come with a package you purchased at the CRE Online conference this past Feb?

A number of us bought LeGrand’s 3-course package and were expecting to receive The Mentor as part of the package.

Please let me know. Thanks!
Monique

I don’t think it is a problem. - Posted by Soraya

Posted by Soraya on May 25, 2000 at 13:06:39:

If you use the system to call a list of “Known” sellers of property, I don’t think you will have a problem. They want you to call.

However, if you use the shot gun approach and target homeowners in a zip code area where you would want to buy property, then I think there would be a problem.

Soraya

Wrong URL - it’s www.tti.net - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 25, 2000 at 15:18:55:

I dug open the box to find it. Phone number is 800-934-4884 (that’s from a few years ago).

Re: I don’t think it is a problem. - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on May 26, 2000 at 08:01:22:

His post sounds alot more like the shotgun approach. Call everybody in a neighborhood to spread the word. He didn’t mention just targeting homes currently for sale.