preforeclosure deals - Posted by rich

Posted by Tom-FL on July 10, 2003 at 21:53:13:

In the very first introduction, you may want to say “Hi, I’m Rich, I’m with a group of investors” or something similar. Somewhere in your early conversations, just casually mention that “purchases may be completed by affiliated companies” or you could allude to “the partners” from time to time. Then they probably won’t even blink when you bring a “partner” along to look the house over. It also gives you negotiating power since you can’t make unilateral decisions because you “have to run it by the partners”. Also make sure the contract says “Rich and/or assigns” on the “name” line. Make sure there is an inspection clause … “buyer reserves the right to show house to prospective tenants, contractors, affiliates” or something to that effect. Most guru contracts have similar clauses. Read one, and if the clauses you want aren’t on your contract, then write them in the “Special Clauses” section, if available. Otherwise use and addendum to add them.

preforeclosure deals - Posted by rich

Posted by rich on July 10, 2003 at 17:35:37:

Lets say I have successfully negotiated a price with a a person in foreclosure and my exit strategy is to wholesale to my investors. How do I get the investors access to the inside of the home. Wont the owner be upset that some people other than I is coming inside of their home. And if they find out that someone other than I is going to buy the property will that blow the deal?