Preforeclosure notices at courthouse - Posted by Cire

Posted by John (Las Vegas) on April 18, 2002 at 20:48:10:

I can send you updated list of notice of default every two days… I have the list available for free. But only Las Vegas area.

John

john@millionsaver.com
Las Vegas investor deals www.ILoveRealEstate.biz
Automated hotlines for fixer-uppers, OWC, lease/option…
www.millionsaver.com/hotline.htm

Preforeclosure notices at courthouse - Posted by Cire

Posted by Cire on April 18, 2002 at 16:19:26:

I finally got off my butt and went to the county courthouse today. I met my wife so we could both learn how to find Notice of Defaults. We were directed to the records office. We asked how to look up Notice of Defaults and were told by two people the only way is to get them out of the local paper. This room only contained information after a foreclosure took place or to research a title. I can not believe this is true but we felt like idiots by this time and left. I know something has to be filed before the notice in the paper is published. How do I find this information as the county employees have been zero help??

Alabama is the state if that helps any.

We did bump into an old neighbor who now runs her own title research company. I plan to meet with her to pick her brain some.

Re: Preforeclosure notices at courthouse - Posted by TomG

Posted by TomG on April 18, 2002 at 20:49:20:

I am in Va and I was told the same thing. In our local paper under LEGALS they will show trustees sales for preforeclosures. Some areas will publish a legal paper all to itself. You might want to call a local RE attorney to see if they get a legal paper like that.