Presidential Elections - Posted by Mike

Posted by SusanL.–FL on November 17, 2000 at 10:16:03:

WISH they’d get a move on down here (in Florida) so that we could wrap things up and get on with our lives!!! Geez…didja ever see so much mumbo jumbo going on???

Election results are on just about EVERY blessed channel down here.

Our family ‘parrot’ piped up the other day: “I’m going to remember THIS election till the day I die.” (and he’s only 8…)

Susan
Bradenton, FL

Presidential Elections - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on November 16, 2000 at 18:38:55:

I am wondering how the real estate industry will fare under each of the presidential hopefuls? Whose policies will stimulate the economy causing the most new home starts?

I live in a city, Prince George, British Columbia, where the forest industry dominates the economy. If housing starts in the U.S. rise, then our local economy improves. This draws new residents to the community (lately the reverse has been true) and these people increase the demand for housing, reducing vacancy rates and increasing rents.

If their policies are implemented, then one can also look at increasing lumber prices. One could then go long on lumber futures.

Your thoughts on Bush / Gore?

Mike

Re: Don’t go long just yet - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on November 17, 2000 at 14:55:32:

I doubt that either party has any ability to influence the markets at all, much less do the job that they are attempting to be elected to.

At this rate you will have time to grow a crop of trees before anything important happens.