Price of Houses selling - Posted by Liz Parker

Posted by Fran CA on February 22, 2001 at 20:19:31:

Nate,

You are very welcome. I am glad that I can help people out here. I have gotten so much help, it is nice to give back once in a while. :slight_smile:

Fran

Price of Houses selling - Posted by Liz Parker

Posted by Liz Parker on February 22, 2001 at 13:25:04:

I need the website to see how much a house has sold for in Washington DC and Maryland. I have miss placed it I had it before.
Elizabeth

Comps Information Site - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on February 22, 2001 at 15:03:04:

Hi Liz,

One site that I have found to be useful (if you don’t mind keeping track of 10 different logon names) is http://www.titleadvantage.com/talogfrm.asp. I am not sure if they will have the title and sales comps for your area, but I have found it very resourceful. To make sure that you don’t have to go through the sign up process each time, make sure that you check no more than two a day. It will give you all the information on the home you are looking at, mortgage details, name of the home owners as well as a really good database for comps in the area of the house or property you are looking to acquire. Hope this helps.

Fran

Re: Price of Houses selling - Posted by Kate (VA)

Posted by Kate (VA) on February 22, 2001 at 14:01:54:

There are a couple that I know of.

www.homeradar.com (this one is far from all-inclusive)
realestate.yahoo.com/realestate/homevalues/index.html

A lot of counties have their tax assessments online and you can find out the most recent sale price of a property there, along with other useful information.

Hope this helps.

Kate

Re: Price of Houses selling - Posted by TomC (Md)

Posted by TomC (Md) on February 22, 2001 at 13:59:59:

The MD tax database is online at:

http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdat/CICS

I don’t invest in DC, so I’m no help there.
TomC

Re: Comps Information Site - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on February 22, 2001 at 20:12:40:

Fran,

I just tried that, and it is a GREAT site! Very useful!

Thanks for posting it.

Nate