Prices of Used Mobile Homes - Posted by Andy

Posted by andy on October 13, 2003 at 06:30:07:

Not really looking to buy anything from this site but thanks anyways. How have you found the business to be in Atlanta. Do you stick to Stone Mtn area or do you try and cover all parts or Atlanta?

Prices of Used Mobile Homes - Posted by Andy

Posted by Andy on October 11, 2003 at 09:57:49:

I’m new to business and have ben reading Lonnie’s book. I live on the outskirts of Atlanta and don’t seem to see a lot of mobile homes listed in the classifieds for the different GA newspapers. And most of hem are listed for atleast in the 15-25,000 range. Where are the 5 and 6,000 dollar homes that I could negotiate down that Lonnie mentions. Not sure when the book was written but should I expect to pay more for a MH these days? Maybe the older ones are not usually advertised??

Re: Prices of Used Mobile Homes - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on October 11, 2003 at 17:28:25:

Andy,
Sounds like you haven’t read enough of the book yet. Later on it’ll explain about ONLY dealing with motivated sellers. They don’t usually advertise in the classifieds. The book will tell you where to look.
All the best, Lyal

Re: Prices of Used Mobile Homes - Posted by Dan - GA

Posted by Dan - GA on October 11, 2003 at 10:12:58:

Andy:
The ones in the paper are the people that are attempting to sell retail. If you look close, several of the adds may even have the same phone #, ie someone else doing Lonnie Deals.

You need to find several parks that are convenient to your home, or on the way to/from your day job etc… and drive through them. Talk to the PMs, find out who divorced and wants to spite their spouce, who moved or died etc, etc, etc… When people are paying double rent or paying rent on grandma’s old place, they get motivated. When you find one that is still in nice shape but the current owner NEEDS to get rid of it, instead of wants to get rid of it, then you’ve found your 1st deal.

Best of luck.

Dan

Re: Prices of Used Mobile Homes - Posted by tony tulloh

Posted by tony tulloh on October 11, 2003 at 15:03:56:

we have late model singlewide in stone mountain ,ga trying to flip…8K?..interested please reply