Problem with mobile home park owners - Posted by Scotty

Posted by David Alexander on April 09, 2000 at 23:47:41:

I guess everything has two sides Doesnt it JED, or would that be Jed in Dallas.

Be careful who you listen to.

David Alexander

Problem with mobile home park owners - Posted by Scotty

Posted by Scotty on April 08, 2000 at 23:46:19:

I have previously lost a lot of money when a park owner made me move a home when I told her I was planning to owner finance it. (She didnt know the difference between financing and Rent-to-own, which was against the parks rules) I tried to explain but she was very cranky and wouldnt have it any other way.
Is there a way to protect myself against this? Can park owners legally do this?

What is the best approach to take: 1. Explain to the owner up front my plans for owner financing it. (And hope they wont be the cranky type) or 2. Simply tell the owner I plan to sell it and not mention the financing part.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Re: Problem with mobile home park owners - Posted by Robert McNeely

Posted by Robert McNeely on April 09, 2000 at 15:05:16:

You may find that park owners can have another agenda. In a local park in my area the (new) owner says “you can’t do that in my park” even after assuring them that the lot rent would be paid as long as I held the lein on the home. This new park owner is buying up homes in his park to use as rentals. This is not the best for the sellers but explains his actions. Lot rent is not his top priority.

Re: Problem with mobile home park owners - Posted by Dale Oh

Posted by Dale Oh on April 09, 2000 at 09:09:36:

Show the manager a Recorded land contract or lease purechase agreement. If the manager sees only an option to purchase they will take the same way as a rental property. My two cents.

Two Ways… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 08, 2000 at 23:57:02:

Approach the Park managers and be upfront and no where you stand, having a good relationship with the park manager(this case owner) will be paramount to your success. so then you only work in parks where you have good relations.

Or set yourself up as a finance company and put at least person between you and the parks or as the fact that you work (manager) for a finance company that finance/buy/sell MH’s, just like all the others, except you deal in the used ones.

David Alexander

Re: Burned… - Posted by Jed

Posted by Jed on April 09, 2000 at 19:38:47:

These park managers may be very reluctant to work with investor types because they were previously BURNED by one that bought a home to be moved - had the frame crack - promised to get it removed but NEVER kept their promise.

Instead the investor left the problem for everyone else to deal with.

Would you want to work with that type of person.