Progress Report (long) - Posted by George(OH)

Posted by George(OH) on April 06, 2000 at 15:33:35:

nt

Progress Report (long) - Posted by George(OH)

Posted by George(OH) on April 06, 2000 at 13:28:30:

For some reason, I have the feeling that if I frequently post my progress to those on this site, it will help me to be motivated. Not that I don’t have enough reasons to be motivated (baby on the way, crummy J.O.B, future savings, etc). Anyway, here goes…

After reading J. Kaiser’s “Ultimate L/O” for the umpteenth time, I went down to the courthouse. I ended up with 18 “tired landlord” letters. From the Sunday paper, about 10 FSBO letters, and 23 letters to owners of rental property.

I also invested $.99 and bought a clipboard to keep in the car at ALL times. I made up a little Property Info Sheet that I will use to jot down anything that catches my eye (FSBO’s, abandoned properties, etc).

I have created a database, along with a form for Prospective Tenants. I am now coming up with an ad I will run to attract buyers with “damaged” credit. I don’t wanna specify L/O’s in the ad, because I also plan on venturing into Lonnie’s Wonderful World of Wobbly Boxes! I’ll be ordering DOW’s today. Also, someone posted a L/O Q&A, and I must admit, I’d like to use it. Would that be OK? If not, let me know and I ABSOLUTELY will not use it.

I have an actual fax machine now. Before I was using a software fax, but it is only good if you have your document on the PC already.

Finally, I told Human Resources that I am requesting to move to part time. I’ll be working 20-24 hours/wk on my J.O.B., which will give me a little more time for REI.

Well, that’s all for now. As I get things done, I will post here. Just knowing you guys (& gals!) are tuned in to what I’m doing gives me that extra kick to really get things going!

Any comments/suggestions/tongue-lashings are GREATLY appreciated.

God Bless,

George(OH)

L/o Q&A - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on April 06, 2000 at 13:50:38:

You have my permission to use the Q&A that I posted on this board. Check your e-mail. I’ve sent you the ones I have for sellers and buyers.

Good luck, and keep us updated on your progress.