Properties and Divorce - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Terry (IN) on February 15, 2001 at 11:45:00:

Bryan,

Have you considered doing your own owner financing on this property. You would then sell the owner financed note to a note buyer at closing. If you need help structuring a buyable note, email me and I’ll help you through that process.

Best wishes,
Terry(IN)

Properties and Divorce - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Bryan on February 15, 2001 at 09:40:12:

My soon to be ex-wife and I had bought 3 properties in the two years we were married. We are now going thru a divorce. One property was sold we split the profit. The other is on the market. The primary residence I will be keeping. We had primary residence appriased equity is 12k she gets 6k. The other rental which has seller financing has enough equity to cover me for the primary residence, But I am having a difficult time selling. I had a few Ideas on how I could handle this. One was bring in a partner to raise cash to pay her half and give partner a percentage of ownership. Two was call person holding mortgage ask for discount and bring in partner and get new financing on property and generate cash to pay the ex that way. Any thoughts or creative suggestion on this would be great.

Thanks
Bryan