Property in Hawaii - Posted by Garrett Lambert

Posted by Anon on June 27, 2003 at 11:04:03:

Thanks for the response Anon. I would very much appreciate any guidance and help you could provide. I have a little info about the property below and have pictures of it if that would be of value to you or anyone else who might want to see them. In your opinion what strategy do I need to use when I’m speaking with others in detail about this property to assure myself that they won’t take the info I provide and attempt to call the owner of the property to work out a deal for themselves? I want to believe that everyone has everyone’s best interest at heart and I also need to be a smart business man and I’m unsure what to do in a situation where I divulge info to agents and etc. that I don’t know. Is this something I don’t need to worry about? I understand I really need to lock in an agreement between myself and the owner iommediately and maybe that’s the answer. At this point however, I’m just doing my due diligence. What are your thoughts and or suggestions regarding this? . It’s probably very obvious to you that I’m a new investor or I would alrady know these things, so any guidance would be greatly welcomed and once again tremedously valued and appreciated. I have seen several picures of the property and the community. It’s in an exclusive gated community in Hawaii and I do need someone who’s there and knows the area and the property. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Below i’ve include some info that was sent to me regarding this property.

Thanks for your willingness to help.
Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert

This is the pinnacle of affluent country island living. Dramatic ocean and mountain views, a near perfect year round climate, miles of green rolling hills that sink into deep blue ocean; this is one of the planets very best places to live. This exceptionally spacious home is in “like new” condition (1999), and has 20 private fenced acres. The extensive amenities, of both the home and the prestigious gated equestrian community, make this a perfect country estate or a functional club or corporate retreat.

A brilliantly planned equestrian community boasts over 3000 acres and is situated in the heart of the world famous Parker Ranch, the largest (225,000 acres) privately owned working ranch in the United States, only 20 minutes from Hawaii’s livestock capital Waimea-Kamuela. The highest standards of architecture and construction are guaranteed by the covenants of this gated, master planned community.

Beautiful maple floors grace the grand living room, kitchen and executive office. A lava rock fireplace, vaulted ceilings and over 2000 sq. ft of ocean view decks make this 7000 sq. ft. home grand in every sense. There are a total of 5 bedrooms, 7 baths, a large office, a full gym, and a 3500 sq. ft. drive through garage with tack room, designed for the convenience of horse trailers, feed storage, etc.

This elegant country kitchen has a deluxe Subzero double door refrigerator, an all stainless Dynasty commercial gas stove. There is an “island” with complete wet bar, and a custom booth which seats 8 for casual and formal dining. Everything in the kitchen and throughout the home is in like-new condition with very little use, just waiting for a new family. The very best preparatory schools are less than 15 minutes away.

The master bedroom suite is exceptionally spacious with a gas fireplace, walk-in closet and adjoins a complete gym and fitness center. In addition, there are ocean view decks accessed from all the rooms on the main floor. The views are spectacular.

No need to leave your home to stay fit. This home gym features a large tiled steam room, a super sized Jacuzzi, with jets designed to swim laps against. An all station Paramount weight room, treadmill and exercycle, all top of the line equipment, comes with your purchase or lease.

The association boasts a magnificent, fully equipped club house which is always available for any function an owner may care to schedule. The clubhouse offers a full kitchen and dining room facilities, a large living room, two large fireplaces, a TV room and library. Other association amenities include tennis and racquet ball courts, 3cinder arenas complete with roping chutes, as well as over 18 miles of beautiful riding trails.

The exciting Polo season runs from Oct. through Dec. , and the impeccably groomed regulation polo field and pavilion are available for any scheduled owners events, as well as for “stick and ball” seven days a week. There is a full announcers stand, judges pavilion, and ample pipe pens that are always available for the lodging of livestock during events or activities.

Weddings, graduations, reunions and additional owner scheduled events are all more than welcome at your association’s facilities. This community offers the finest equestrian lifestyle available anywhere in the world. The facilities, the scenery, the climate are all unparalleled.

Just 25 minutes away is the fabulous Kohala “Gold” Coast, world renowned for its beautiful beaches and Five Star Resorts. A 10 to 15 minute drive will bring you to the charming village of Waimea-Kamuela where you will find the islands best shops, galleries, restaurants, and authentic Hawaiian cultural theater and music, as well as fine schools and medical facilities.

The ranch is located just fifteen minutes from the world famous Waikoloa Beach Resort, featuring breathtaking beaches, championship 18 hole golf courses, sailing, scuba diving, surfing, and sport fishing. The island also offers “once in a lifetime” activities, such as: hang-gliding, helicopter tours over the volcano, ocean kayaking, whale watching, scuba and many more unforgettable experiences.

This amazing property is now offered at a fraction of its replacement cost and $300,000.00 below recent appraisal. ( 12/7/02). All corporate and club lease requests will be given full consideration as well as lease options. This property is a perfect corporate or club retreat, or as an elegant private ranch in the best climate in the world.

Property in Hawaii - Posted by Garrett Lambert

Posted by Garrett Lambert on June 26, 2003 at 09:43:24:

I’m looking to invest in property on the island of Hawaii, does anyone know the area or where I can find good comps and anyone there who may know the area and tell me if the price I’m about to pay will make a good investment because I need room to flip it and make it a win win for everybody involved? Thank you! Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert in Los Angeles.

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on June 29, 2003 at 16:07:06:

Here is what an investor that is on the big island had to say about the property your talking about. Don’t know if it will help you much, make sure you do your due dilligence, good luck.

This property is in the Waikii ranch area. The home is on an open ranch area with about 10 - 15 homes on that ranch. However this area is on the saddle road area and you would be about half an hour away from Waimea and Waikoloa. This sounds like a good property to invest in. Also you would be about 4 miles from the military base which is called Pohakuloa training area. There’s some nice homes in that area. I think the property is sold in 10 acre increments which is sold for 200K and it seems that this property has 20 acres with the hse. The house is really far from any town or shopping area. You would be about an hour drive from Kona.

Garrett Lambert you are a F *%#king NUT !! - Posted by Anon

Posted by Anon on June 27, 2003 at 17:10:35:

Re: Repetitive posts - Posted by StayingAnon

Posted by StayingAnon on June 27, 2003 at 13:40:46:

Garrett,

You probably don’t need to post the same information over and over again to everyone. If it interests someone, they’ll read a post and follow along through the thread of responses.

The information you provide today regarding the property isn’t what I’d truly call information, it’s a sales brochure. Waimea isn’t the hotbed of island activity that you seem to believe, although you can get decent Chinese food there and a Starbuck’s did open last summer.

I strongly suggest you just leave this alone. If you don’t want to do that, fly over and spend a week or two there, you’ll start to understand.

Posted by Paul on June 27, 2003 at 01:14:09:

Aloha Garrett,

My name is Paul and I live on Oahu. Beware of the Big Island market it is very soft right now. There are some great opportunities there but the big island currently has the lowest priced RE of all the islands. If your serious about this property let me know. I know investors on just about every Island. The local board of Realtors site is www.hicentral.com you can find listings and a realtor that is familiar with that area.

Good luck,
Paul
President
Hawaii Real Estate Investors

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Ken (Fl)

Posted by Ken (Fl) on June 26, 2003 at 11:36:56:

What area (Island) are you interested in? What purpose? (vacation, local rental, rehab…)
I had lived on Kauai.

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on June 26, 2003 at 10:07:04:

If you live in LA, why would you want to invest in Hawaii? There must be huge amounts of money to be made from flipping in LA, so why not stick to an area you know and do it in LA?

Re: Garrett Lambert you are a F *%#king NUT !! - Posted by Ken (Fl)

Posted by Ken (Fl) on June 28, 2003 at 11:56:42:

That’s not necessary!

Gratitude - Posted by Garrett Lambert

Posted by Garrett Lambert on June 27, 2003 at 13:58:02:

Thanks for the input Anon. I will follow your good advice and unless I have an opportunity to do an option and then look for a buyer it doesn’t make sense for me to go any further with this. I believe I understood that right and if not please feel free to comment further. I also appreciate the heads up regarding being repeitive with my post, some more good advice. Thanks again and peace and many blessings to you and your family. God Bless,
Garrett Lambert

Posted by Paul on June 27, 2003 at 11:00:44:

Thanks for the response Paul. I would very much appreciate any guidance and help you could provide. I have a little info about the property below and have pictures of it if that would be of value to you or anyone else who might want to see them. In your opinion what strategy do I need to use when I’m speaking with others in detail about this property to assure myself that they won’t take the info I provide and attempt to call the owner of the property to work out a deal for themselves? I want to believe that everyone has everyone’s best interest at heart and I also need to be a smart business man and I’m unsure what to do in a situation where I divulge info to agents and etc. that I don’t know. Is this something I don’t need to worry about? I understand I really need to lock in an agreement between myself and the owner iommediately and maybe that’s the answer. At this point however, I’m just doing my due diligence. What are your thoughts and or suggestions regarding this? . It’s probably very obvious to you that I’m a new investor or I would alrady know these things, so any guidance would be greatly welcomed and once again tremedously valued and appreciated. I have seen several picures of the property and the community. It’s in an exclusive gated community in Hawaii and I do need someone who’s there and knows the area and the property. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Below i’ve include some info that was sent to me regarding this property. Thanks for your willingness to help. Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert

This is the pinnacle of affluent country island living. Dramatic ocean and mountain views, a near perfect year round climate, miles of green rolling hills that sink into deep blue ocean; this is one of the planets very best places to live. This exceptionally spacious home is in “like new” condition (1999), and has 20 private fenced acres. The extensive amenities, of both the home and the prestigious gated equestrian community, make this a perfect country estate or a functional club or corporate retreat.

A brilliantly planned equestrian community boasts over 3000 acres and is situated in the heart of the world famous Parker Ranch, the largest (225,000 acres) privately owned working ranch in the United States, only 20 minutes from Hawaii’s livestock capital Waimea-Kamuela. The highest standards of architecture and construction are guaranteed by the covenants of this gated, master planned community.

Beautiful maple floors grace the grand living room, kitchen and executive office. A lava rock fireplace, vaulted ceilings and over 2000 sq. ft of ocean view decks make this 7000 sq. ft. home grand in every sense. There are a total of 5 bedrooms, 7 baths, a large office, a full gym, and a 3500 sq. ft. drive through garage with tack room, designed for the convenience of horse trailers, feed storage, etc.

This elegant country kitchen has a deluxe Subzero double door refrigerator, an all stainless Dynasty commercial gas stove. There is an “island” with complete wet bar, and a custom booth which seats 8 for casual and formal dining. Everything in the kitchen and throughout the home is in like-new condition with very little use, just waiting for a new family. The very best preparatory schools are less than 15 minutes away.

The master bedroom suite is exceptionally spacious with a gas fireplace, walk-in closet and adjoins a complete gym and fitness center. In addition, there are ocean view decks accessed from all the rooms on the main floor. The views are spectacular.

No need to leave your home to stay fit. This home gym features a large tiled steam room, a super sized Jacuzzi, with jets designed to swim laps against. An all station Paramount weight room, treadmill and exercycle, all top of the line equipment, comes with your purchase or lease.

The association boasts a magnificent, fully equipped club house which is always available for any function an owner may care to schedule. The clubhouse offers a full kitchen and dining room facilities, a large living room, two large fireplaces, a TV room and library. Other association amenities include tennis and racquet ball courts, 3cinder arenas complete with roping chutes, as well as over 18 miles of beautiful riding trails.

The exciting Polo season runs from Oct. through Dec. , and the impeccably groomed regulation polo field and pavilion are available for any scheduled owners events, as well as for “stick and ball” seven days a week. There is a full announcers stand, judges pavilion, and ample pipe pens that are always available for the lodging of livestock during events or activities.

Weddings, graduations, reunions and additional owner scheduled events are all more than welcome at your association’s facilities. This community offers the finest equestrian lifestyle available anywhere in the world. The facilities, the scenery, the climate are all unparalleled.

Just 25 minutes away is the fabulous Kohala “Gold” Coast, world renowned for its beautiful beaches and Five Star Resorts. A 10 to 15 minute drive will bring you to the charming village of Waimea-Kamuela where you will find the islands best shops, galleries, restaurants, and authentic Hawaiian cultural theater and music, as well as fine schools and medical facilities.

The ranch is located just fifteen minutes from the world famous Waikoloa Beach Resort, featuring breathtaking beaches, championship 18 hole golf courses, sailing, scuba diving, surfing, and sport fishing. The island also offers “once in a lifetime” activities, such as: hang-gliding, helicopter tours over the volcano, ocean kayaking, whale watching, scuba and many more unforgettable experiences.

This amazing property is now offered at a fraction of its replacement cost and $300,000.00 below recent appraisal. ( 12/7/02). All corporate and club lease requests will be given full consideration as well as lease options. This property is a perfect corporate or club retreat, or as an elegant private ranch in the best climate in the world.

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on June 27, 2003 at 11:17:02:

Thanks for the response Ken. I would very much appreciate any guidance and help you could provide. I have a little info about the property below and have pictures of it if that would be of value to you or anyone else who might want to see them. In your opinion what strategy do I need to use when I’m speaking with others in detail about this property to assure myself that they won’t take the info I provide and attempt to call the owner of the property to work out a deal for themselves? I want to believe that everyone has everyone’s best interest at heart and I also need to be a smart business man and I’m unsure what to do in a situation where I divulge info to agents and etc. that I don’t know. Is this something I don’t need to worry about? I understand I really need to lock in an agreement between myself and the owner iommediately and maybe that’s the answer. At this point however, I’m just doing my due diligence. What are your thoughts and or suggestions regarding this? . It’s probably very obvious to you that I’m a new investor or I would alrady know these things, so any guidance would be greatly welcomed and once again tremedously valued and appreciated. I have seen several picures of the property and the community. It’s in an exclusive gated community in Hawaii and I do need someone who’s there and knows the area and the property. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Below i’ve include some info that was sent to me regarding this property.

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Garrett Lambert

Posted by Garrett Lambert on June 26, 2003 at 12:13:38:

Thanks for the response Ken. This property is a ranch on the big island, Hawaii. I am a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert

Posted by Garrett Lambert on June 26, 2003 at 11:46:53:

Thanks for the great question Arthur. I am a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Heather_Tx

Posted by Heather_Tx on June 26, 2003 at 11:56:29:

Future Appraisal ? Even my home someday will probably be worht 300K, even though it’s only about 120K now. I’d be leery of that… if this is SUCH a good deal, then why oh why would he be passing up that much.

Just my intuition but I’d run the other way, especially with the property being so far away from me. I’d be afraid it would be swampland LOL But hey… to each his/her own =)

Heather_Tx

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Heather

Posted by Heather on June 27, 2003 at 11:13:58:

Thanks for the response Heather. I would very much appreciate any guidance and help you could provide. I have a little info about the property below and have pictures of it if that would be of value to you or anyone else who might want to see them. In your opinion what strategy do I need to use when I’m speaking with others in detail about this property to assure myself that they won’t take the info I provide and attempt to call the owner of the property to work out a deal for themselves? I want to believe that everyone has everyone’s best interest at heart and I also need to be a smart business man and I’m unsure what to do in a situation where I divulge info to agents and etc. that I don’t know. Is this something I don’t need to worry about? I understand I really need to lock in an agreement between myself and the owner iommediately and maybe that’s the answer. At this point however, I’m just doing my due diligence. What are your thoughts and or suggestions regarding this? . It’s probably very obvious to you that I’m a new investor or I would alrady know these things, so any guidance would be greatly welcomed and once again tremedously valued and appreciated. I have seen several picures of the property and the community. It’s in an exclusive gated community in Hawaii and I do need someone who’s there and knows the area and the property. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Below i’ve include some info that was sent to me regarding this property.

Posted by Garrett Lambert on June 26, 2003 at 12:22:11:

Thanks for the response and great questions posed. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Peace and Blessings, Garrett Lambert

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on June 26, 2003 at 12:21:17:

I’m with Heather on this. And as a beginner, you shouldn’t bite off more than you can chew.

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on June 26, 2003 at 17:18:41:

Garrett Lambert–(CA)----------------

Don’t approach this in a stupid way. Get on an airplain and fly over there. See the property, see real estate brokers, see the comps.

I’m betting $0.50 right now that this not a good deal.

Good InvestingRon Starr

Re: Property in Hawaii - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on June 27, 2003 at 11:10:34:

Thanks for the response and suggestion Ron. I don’t have the money at this moment to do that, however I do have some detailed info about the property that I would love to get your feedback on. I would very much appreciate any guidance and help you could provide. I have a little info about the property below and have pictures of it if that would be of value to you or anyone else who might want to see them. In your opinion what strategy do I need to use when I’m speaking with others in detail about this property to assure myself that they won’t take the info I provide and attempt to call the owner of the property to work out a deal for themselves? I want to believe that everyone has everyone’s best interest at heart and I also need to be a smart business man and I’m unsure what to do in a situation where I divulge info to agents and etc. that I don’t know. Is this something I don’t need to worry about? I understand I really need to lock in an agreement between myself and the owner iommediately and maybe that’s the answer. At this point however, I’m just doing my due diligence. What are your thoughts and or suggestions regarding this? . It’s probably very obvious to you that I’m a new investor or I would alrady know these things, so any guidance would be greatly welcomed and once again tremedously valued and appreciated. I have seen several picures of the property and the community. It’s in an exclusive gated community in Hawaii and I do need someone who’s there and knows the area and the property. I am a 54 year old actor and a new investor and am looking for opportunities where I can find them as long as the numbers make sense and I have a way of verifying the market value of this property and get good comps and someone there who knows the area and this property and that may be a real estate broker or agent. The home is a 20 acre ranch and is listed for about $300k below the supposed future appraisal. This guy said the owner would stay on the loan and I’m looking to pay nothing down until I sell it or pay a minimum down and the rest when I sell the property.I’m looking for buyers and perhaps I can get him to give me an option to buy it at a certain price and then to see if I can get close to fair market value.Now this guy is an investor and doesn’t want to have a property with a $6300. a month mortgage just sitting there. He’s actually flipping it for a friend who just weants out and he’s looking to pocket $300K himself. He claims there is plenty of money for everyone as it future appraised at $300K above the asking price. I really want to see that appraisal in writing. Any thoughts regarding any of this would be appreciated. Below i’ve include some info that was sent to me regarding this property.