Property Management Credentials in Ohio? - Posted by John Katitus

Posted by Del-Ohio on October 17, 2003 at 21:35:26:

Around here it seems like most property managers are Realtors.

I do know of one that is not, he is a maintainance man at a factory and gets free rent to manage a 12 unit.

We are ready to sign an agreement with one of our contractors to manage a 12 unit for us. Thge reason we are willing to hire him is because he has proven his competence in managing projects and he has the skills to do minor repairs himself as necessary.

You may get better responses by posting the same question on the commercial section of creonline or landlord.com

If you are looking at managing large complexes as a carreer you may want to check out Ohio States real estate program, as I recall they have a program for property managers.

Del-Ohio

Property Management Credentials in Ohio? - Posted by John Katitus

Posted by John Katitus on October 17, 2003 at 02:11:08:

Can anyone help me find out the requirements to manage properties for someone else in Ohio? Thank you.

Re: Property Management Credentials in Ohio? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on October 20, 2003 at 12:55:37:

Hi John,

Unless you are an employee of the company who owns the property you will need a real estate sales license, to buy, sell, or manage property for another requires a license.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: Property Management Credentials in Ohio? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 18, 2003 at 21:12:16:

As Del said, many are REALTORS®. They are the ones that issue the CPM designation.

The CCIM might have one, too.