Proposed Legislation - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 12, 1999 at 09:51:54:

BG,

Don’t have a bill number yet. Should have one no later than Monday. I’ll post it. Sorry to hear that your state is infested with Dem’s.

John Hyre

Proposed Legislation - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 12, 1999 at 08:15:40:

Some Republicans still remember Reagan. Legislation proposed by Senators Paul Coverdell (R-Ga) and Robert Torricelli (R-NJ) includes:

Raising 15% tax bracket to $35k for individuals and $70k for couples. This is nearly double the current threshhold.

Exempt first $500 dividend/interest income and first $5,000 in cap gains from income. Also raise IRA contribution limit from $2,000 to $3,000.

Write your Rep and Senator before the Republicans cave in to another Clinton increase or Social Security Ponzi scheme!

I’m much happier about this proposal than Rep Nadler’s (Communist-NY) scheme. Nadler’s scheme seems close to DOA. Hopefully this one has a better shot.

John Hyre

If you were anymore to the right . . . - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on March 12, 1999 at 21:19:47:

. . . you’d be me! LOL. I make Rush Limbaugh look like a bleeding heart. Keep up the fight.

Tom Bazley

Re: Proposed Legislation - Posted by RobertV12

Posted by RobertV12 on March 12, 1999 at 10:51:43:

A slight correction. Torricelli is a Dem from NJ. In fact, he was the doof–…er, I mean, esteemed member of Congress, who first suggested that Hillary(WWOTE) run for the New York Senate.:slight_smile:

Re: Proposed Legislation - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on March 12, 1999 at 09:35:52:

Do you happen to know the bill numbers? Makes it a little more convincing when I write to all those Democrats we’ve got.

BG

Nice Catch - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 12, 1999 at 11:34:07:

I’ll let my legislative service know. What’s a Dem doing proposing cuts? Most be that whole “co-opting of agendas” thing. Well, if the Dems cut my taxes, I’ll STILL take it!

Thanks for the heads up,

John Hyre