PUBLIC RECORDS INFORMATION PROPERTY OWNERS - Posted by N

Posted by Tony Colella on March 31, 2006 at 16:30:37:

Many counties websites now allow for public access to tax listing and much, much more. Many such as my county even offer aerial photos of the properties that depict estimated boundaries, water and sewer easements etc.

We can even pull up the Deeds, deeds of trusts (mortgages) etc. for the property. Sales history is often listed which really helps one tailor the offers. The tax listing will list a location where the tax bills are being sent.

Tony

PUBLIC RECORDS INFORMATION PROPERTY OWNERS - Posted by N

Posted by N on March 31, 2006 at 13:54:39:

Does anyone know how to access/find the address of property owners (where their taxes are sent).I know that information is public, and city councils have that information, but I am interested in multiple different properties in different countys, cities, even States… and would like to know a much faster, efficient way of getting the mailing address of property owners (or even more contact details if I can!)

Of course I realize there will be property owners smart enough who are incorporated and have no physical address but that also leaves a good share of others who wouldn’t have done it that way. If anyone has some advice it would be appreciated… I know private detectives have their tricks for things such as this, is it as simple as a generic website you go to, or… or?? I have no clue but realize there has to be an easy way to this.

N

Re: PUBLIC RECORDS INFORMATION PROPERTY OWNERS - Posted by Bill (in GA)

Posted by Bill (in GA) on March 31, 2006 at 21:33:28:

N,

Just did this last week; went down to the county tax assessors office and had him run a query based on property class. I had no idea even how to phrase the question but the people in the office were helpful with lots of prodding, and were able to figure out what I wanted from my inept description. Fields I got back included parcel & map #s ( I had to look the locations up manually), plus owner’s name and mailing address, property classifications and valuations. Total cost, $5 for the query, one hour to search the tax maps for street locations, and a papercut.

Got a lot of other useful info by going there in person. Met a new potential business acquaintance also.

I can tell you from experience, though, about half of the owner’s mailing addresses are long out of date. I once did a highly ineffectual mailing campaign against this data. More than half came back. I just went for the parcel locations.

Good luck,

• Bill (in GA)