purchase contract - Posted by Scott (tx)

Posted by Scott(WA) on October 31, 2000 at 02:30:48:

We purchased Bronchicks “nuts and bolts of real estate” course. The software that comes in the course is excellent and we have gotten compliments from everyone that has seen our purchase and sales agreements, including purchasers lawyers that have reviewed the contracts. Both types of contracts are included in the course - Pro Buyer and Pro Seller depending on the one you might need at the time. This software is great and is not limited to just sales contracts but includes things like lease options, basic lease agreements and many more forms that we have found incredibly useful and make us look much more professional as well. Buy this course just for the software - IT IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

purchase contract - Posted by Scott (tx)

Posted by Scott (tx) on October 30, 2000 at 13:55:54:

Does anyone have a purchase contract that is not tilted in favor of the buyer? I have several courses, but all the forms are skewed in favor of the buyer. In my particular case, I am the seller of a property - none of my forms I received in the various courses address this. Guess nobody figured I’d eventually have to SELL one of my properties!

Thanks in advance,
Scott (tx)

Re: purchase contract - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on October 31, 2000 at 06:31:58:

I made up my own contracts for purchase and to sell, had my attorney review them for my State legality, and have used them for the past 5 years. Most realtors do not like them, and object. I tell them too bad, that is the way I buy, and remind them that it is perfectly legal. I have put in my contracts protective clauses for me, and I remind my buyers to have their attorney review before they sign.

Re: purchase contract - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on October 30, 2000 at 14:34:01:

Use a standard real estate approved contract your local agents use. Those ARE favored for the seller.

Re: purchase contract - Posted by Scott (tx)

Posted by Scott (tx) on October 30, 2000 at 14:45:56:

It’s not that simple. I realize I could use the TREC form. The issue is that the property is located in another state, therefore I do not want to use the Texas form, or any other state form. I just want a generic purchase contract.