purchase/rehab loan? - Posted by Christopher

Posted by yshNJ on July 25, 2003 at 14:58:01:

Charles,

Please start your own topic as this is not germane to the topic at hand. Thank you.

purchase/rehab loan? - Posted by Christopher

Posted by Christopher on July 24, 2003 at 12:05:18:

I am looking for a loan to purchase and rehab a three family building. My wife has been aproved for a VA guarantee and i am a self employed rehab contractor. I am haveing trouble finding a lender for this type of loan, any help would be appreciated.

Re: purchase/rehab loan? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on July 25, 2003 at 22:10:06:

Try Brookview Financial.

Location, location, location - Posted by LO(MD)

Posted by LO(MD) on July 24, 2003 at 13:32:57:

Residential lenders vary from state-to-state so please state your State.

Re: Location, location, location - Posted by Charles Thomas

Posted by Charles Thomas on July 25, 2003 at 09:07:18:

I grew up in Baltimore, Md. The home I grew up in is now occupied by my 47 year old brother. (that was my mothers wish before she died 6 years ago) My father
was already remarried, BUT the Baltimore home was in both my mom and dad’s name. Of course his name still is on the note but he lives elsewhere. The mortgage company calls him daily to inform him that the mortgage payment is always a month behind so it always messes his credit up as late payments even though it is actually my brothers responsibility to pay and you know how a parents love is towards children so he is going to let the home go into default with only $6500.00 remaining on note. the street value for homes in the area is between $55 - 70K. My father won’t listen, my brother won’t listen, there will be between $49-64K in that home once it is repaired. I love my brother but he will have to go, but I cannot do anything with or to the home until brother is put out and try to offer my father $3K and then I would need financing to aquirer said homefor what remains on it plus any legal fees. My credit is horrible because of work related injury 2 years ago, but with all that equity in that home, I should be able to aquire a loan for $15-20K to repair from somebody with the home as collateral hopefully with a 4 - 6 month time limit to fix up the place for rent. My brother is only paying $314.00 a month, when rehabed, it will rent for $650 to $750 month I will have great cash flow if someone will help me. any ideas?

Re: Location, location, location - Posted by Christopher

Posted by Christopher on July 24, 2003 at 16:27:09:

I am looking to purchase and rehab in the city of Bangor, Maine.