Purchasing an ongoing Business - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 18, 2000 at 08:19:51:

I would be relocating to where the restaurant is, my last post could have been interpreted as moving away after buying it. Just wanted to make things clear.

Purchasing an ongoing Business - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 18, 2000 at 08:08:43:

I am looking at the possibility of purchasing a restaurant but have little cash to put down. A 2 year lease option may be the way to go since a portion of the monthly lease will go toward the down payment. I have not yet approached the seller with this deal and would appreciate any advice or alternative creative ways to purchase the business. I am working with a RE agent who told me about this business which is not yet listed so I must go through her. The owner has a long term illness and does not want to operate the restaurant any more. Also, I would be relocating about 600 miles away and face to face meetings are going to be few.Any thoughts?

Re: Purchasing an ongoing Business - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 18, 2000 at 13:23:39:

Steve,

Also, you might want to visit the commercial newsgroup on this web site. Click the link in the yellow bar at the top left of this newsgroup or go to:

http://www.creonline.com/commercial-real-estate/wwwboard5/index.html

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy.

Re: Purchasing an ongoing Business - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on June 18, 2000 at 08:39:00:

Steve,
We purchase businesess as apart of our investments strategies with great sucess.
The restaurant can be purchased in a l/o but do not allow the L/O strategy (easy in) redirect your aim. If you would like to discuss this further I would gladly help. Another person on this board that does this regularly is Johnboy and Ray Alcorn.
Pat