Put home phone in ad? - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Mike Daly on March 17, 2002 at 19:14:37:

It would be much better to have a dedicated cell phone – you want as much as possible to answer the calls rather than let them go to voicemail. And if they do go to voicemail, they should hear “Thanks for calling XYZ Homebuyers”, not your personal greeting for your home phone.

Put home phone in ad? - Posted by Bryan in Cali

Posted by Bryan in Cali on March 17, 2002 at 17:15:50:

Should I put my home phone number in an ad looking for motivated sellers or not? I have an answering machine to pick up the phone, but since motivated sellers are a lot fewer than buyers I would probably not check a voicemail line often enough and possibly miss a deal.

Re: Put home phone in ad? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on March 17, 2002 at 19:25:35:

I don’t think you will miss much, I mean maybe you will miss one deal because you missed the message by an hour but I don’t think it will happen all the time. Why dont you check these guys out? http://www.patlive.com/ it will give you your own 800 number and 99 voice mail boxes and you can have it email or page you as soon as someone calls. It also collects all phone numbers from people who called you. Well worth it. Ive had my number on pat live for now going on 3 years. That is also why I have a website that people can go to when im not on the phone because it gathers and distributes info 24 hours a day.