Q for Joe Kaiser - Posted by Tim

Posted by Lazaro on April 26, 2002 at 21:55:00:

Search on www.google.com You may want to search as follows: X County Tax Collector in X State
That should work if not break them up into pieces…search for anything with the county and so on. Good Luck!
Cordially,
Lazaro

Q for Joe Kaiser - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on April 26, 2002 at 20:16:49:

I mail postcards to people scheduled for forecloser. Around 30% come back to me as “Vacant” with no forwarding address. When I check the on-line tax office, it shows the owners mailing address to be the same as the physical address.

What can I do with these leads? What is the next step to contact the owner?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Q for Joe Kaiser - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on April 26, 2002 at 21:28:41:

We mail lots of postcards for this very reason: identifying vacant properties. We just can’t physically make it out to every possible lead, so the returned mail occassionally helps us to find a deal or two.

Vacant houses in foreclosure are rarely deals worth doing. But every now and then there’s big equity on the table and it becomes a race to see who can track them down and get a deed.

There is a “how to” article up on this site that describes the things we do to track down owner’s who, like Elvis, have left the building.

Talking to neighbors rates high on the list, in case you’re wondering.

Joe

Where’s the Link? - Posted by FH

Posted by FH on April 26, 2002 at 20:34:56:

Tim - can you post the link to the online tax office? Since I am sure we live in different states, where would be a good link to start within my state? Thanks -

Re: Q for Joe Kaiser - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 27, 2002 at 09:40:39:

Joe

With these vacant foreclosures do you have much luck doing short sales?

Joe STOP IT! - Posted by Adam King

Posted by Adam King on April 26, 2002 at 22:37:08:

Man, we’re going to have to talk if this stuff continues…
I keep reading your posts and my sides keep hurting more and more… :wink:

Re: Where’s the Link? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on April 27, 2002 at 10:14:53:

I am not that Tim, but here is a start for you.

Click on Public Records and keep following to your state and county to find your way.