Query re Thurston's Millionaire's Retreat? - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by Tom-FL on August 10, 2003 at 09:00:04:

Oops, did I say “jail cam”? I meant “cloud cam”.

:slight_smile:

Query re Thurston’s Millionaire’s Retreat? - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on August 09, 2003 at 11:48:24:

In responses to a radio ad I signed up for the following seminar to be held September 11-13 in Toronto. It sounds too good to be true, all this for free. Does anyone know anything about this “retreat”? Apparently they are being held all over the US. I hope it is of value but if it is not, I would like to know beforehand. My brother is taking time off work to go to it.

Another odd thing, Ron Legrand’s name is featured in the radio ads but I don’t see him in this announcement.

If you have gone to this retreat or know anything about it your comments would be appreciated.

GREAT NEWS!! A legend in Real Estate, Dr. Albert Lowry, New York Times best
selling author of “How you Can Become Financially Independent by Investing in
Real Estate” has just confirmed he will be teaching at the our Retreat.

Thursday, September 11 Please allow for any traffic delays and be on time.
For best seating, registration begins at 7:30 am. At 8:00 following several
exciting announcements, Wright will instruct us on “How To Develop A Millionaire
Mentality.” At 9:45 until 11:45 Robert Shemin will teach you how to avoid “The
Nine Biggest Mistakes Investors Make.” Following the lunch break, the “On
Time” prize drawing will be at 12:55 pm. From 1:00-3:00 pm Barney Zick will show
you “How To Option Your Way To Wealth.” At 3:15 pm to 5:30 attorney Lee
Phillips will speak on “How to Make & Protect your Assets.” Following this
presentation, a special thank you gift will be given to you as you leave.

Friday, September 12 We start today at 7:55 am with our “On Time” CASH &
Prize drawings (must be present to win). At 8:00–10:00 am, Robert G.
Allen/Lorenzo Spencer will discuss how to create “Multiple Streams of Income.”
From 10:15
until noon, Raymond Aaron will speak about the on-line stock market
revolution. You’ve got to see this to believe it. After lunch, at 1:00 pm until
4:00 pm,
best selling author Dr. Albert Lowry will teach you his “Secrets for
Profitable Investing.” At 4:15 pm until 5:30 you will be taught “How To Make
Vast
Profits in Canada.” Following this presentation, a special thank you gift will
be
given to you as you leave.

Saturday, September 13 We start today at 7:55 am with our “On Time” Prize
drawings ($900.00 value) (must be present to win) From 8:00 until 10:00, Raymond
will share an exciting Tax Lien Wealth Creation system. At 10:15 until noon
Wright will show you “How To Build a $9,000.00 a Month Positive Cash Flow.”
After lunch, from 1:00–2:30 pm David Cobb will show you “How To Make A Fortune
in Public Speaking.” At 2:45 until 5:15 Wright, David, & Raymond will show you
how to earn a lifetime of residual income. The Grand Prize Drawing ($2,000.00
Value) will take place following the last presentation. We will also give out
your FREE graduation gift.

It’s a several day sales pitch - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on August 10, 2003 at 24:51:54:

If you’ve never been, maybe go and check it out just leave your wallet home.
Has anyone ever heard of someone actually paying the $2,000.00 this retreat is supposed to be worth.
It’s worth about what he really charges which is ZERO.

My view. - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 09, 2003 at 20:07:04:

GL–(ON)-------------------

Nice that they are doing it locally for you.

Yes, leave your credit cards and checkbook at home.

Several of these people I know nothing about. I am alarmed that Thruston would have anything to do with Warren–see other post.

Thruston hit a good time to buy real estate when he lived and worked in Anchorage Alaska. His educational material strikes me as mediocre. I’m sure you know more than he does.

Al Lowry’s first book was excellent. Most of the rest since then are poor. When I last saw him, at a free come-on for a weekend seminar, I felt he was way over-inflating the promises of real estate investing, especially foreclosures. I would be very wary of him.

I don’t know what to think of Barney Zick. He seems to be knowledgeable and he has been around a long time. I must say I am neutral on him.

That’s the best that I can offer you.

If they have Tom Vu speak, then you know it’s got to be great.

---Joke Alert—You have just been subjected to an attempt at purported humor—Joke Alert----*

Good Investing*******Ron Starr**************

Re: Query re Thurston’s Millionaire’s Retreat? - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 09, 2003 at 13:52:13:

I have always enjoyed Thurston’s Retreats and I have been to several of them. He advertises to be a millionaire in four different businesses. He plays on the “I am a family man and straight shooter card”, but there is nothing wrong with that, just a little mushy. Like other siminars of this nature just understand the object is to sell you books, tapes and seminars. If you are one of those who get caught up in the frenzy of the minute and there will be several during the Retreat, or don’t have a lot of money sense, just be sure you leave your credit cards and cash at home. Also, don’t get caught up in the “Meluca” craze, one his four areas, which is perhaps a Ponzi scheme or like Amway. Meluca is a line of products made from the resein of the Meluca tree of Australia and all smell like turpentine. It is multi level marketing so he is at the top of the pyramid and you are at the bottom (no wonder he is a millionaire in this one) His speakers for this one sound great, but he also usually has Michael Warren who you might want to look out for (see below). but go and have a good time and hold on to your money.

Michael Warren arrested
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard2/messages/33639.html
Posted by JD (jd2000web@cs.com) on February 28, 2003 at 12:55:08:
Springs financial strategist arrested
Fraud accusations exceed $1 million
By WAYNE HEILMAN, THE GAZETTE
A Colorado Springs investment promoter has been arrested and charged with 15 counts of securities fraud, theft and racketeering for allegedly defrauding nine investors of $1.1 million.
Michael T. Warren, 38, of 1665 Territory Trail, faces as long as 12 years in prison for each of the eight counts of securities fraud and six counts of theft. He could receive up to 24 years on the racketeering charge. He was arrested Wednesday and released on a $75,000 bond.
The Economic Crime Division of the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office filed the charges Feb. 20 against Warren after a 31/2-year investigation. Warren’s initial court appearance is set for March 10 before Judge Thomas Kane.
Warren, who owns Springs-based United Services Corp., says on his Web site he has been called “America’s premiere bad-debt financial strategist” by television and radio hosts. He conducts workshops several times a year in Las Vegas, Orlando, Fla., and San Francisco.
Phones at Warren’s office and home have been disconnected. His attorney, Elvin Gentry of Colorado Springs, did not return calls Thursday.
The charges stem from two separate investment schemes Warren allegedly used to defraud investors, according to Warren’s arrest affidavit:
His company would help investors buy automated teller machines, place them in high-traffic locations, collect money and send the proceeds to the investors. Investors from Florida and Pennsylvania allege they lost $12,900 each.
Warren allegedly promised investors would make $36,000 in profits during the first year and offered a full money-back guarantee on the investment. One investor found Warren didn’t have permission to place the ATM on a site and the machine hadn’t been turned on.
Warren Group Inc. allegedly sold interests in the Warren Secured Asset Income Fund, which was to purchase consumer debt secured by property at a reduced price, then force foreclosure to collect the debt. Seven investors from six states allegedly lost $1.14 million in the fund.
The prospectus for the fund promised investors would receive 12 percent interest on their investment, paid after two years, along with profits. Warren, however, sent investors a letter Dec. 12 saying they would receive nothing “because there was no money.”
Richard Morris, a Colorado Securities Division accountant, called the fund a “Ponzi scheme” after analyzing the fund’s bank records. Morris found early investors were paid a return from money paid by subsequent investors, who received nothing.
The arrest affidavit also alleges Warren used investor funds to pay for a 2001 Audi and a $10,000-a-year membership in the Garden of the Gods Country Club. The affidavit also alleges he transferred nearly $100,000 of investor funds to United Services to sell his workshops.
Those workshops and other sales methods allegedly generated more than $2.6 million between January and September 2001 through Warren’s “Easy Money from Bad Debt” program involving collecting on judgments and liens, the affidavit said. None of the $2.6 million was reported on tax records, the affidavit said.

Re: Query re Thurston’s Millionaire’s Retreat? - Posted by Jasonrei

Posted by Jasonrei on August 09, 2003 at 12:07:00:

Sounds like it would be a great event.

Re: My view. - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on August 09, 2003 at 21:09:21:

>> If they have Tom Vu speak, then you know it’s got to be great.

Not only that, but they have William McCorkle and Sonny Bloch scheduled to appear via “jail cam”.

Re: My view. - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on August 10, 2003 at 09:57:29:

If Sonny Bloch is there that would be just plain GROSS !!!

Sonny Bloch - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on August 10, 2003 at 24:46:25:

If Sonny is appearing even I want to see that. He’s been dead for years.

ROFLOL! Jail Cam! LOL! (NT) - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on August 09, 2003 at 22:33:37:

NT

Re: My view. - Posted by Tom-FL

Posted by Tom-FL on August 10, 2003 at 20:10:16:

Yah, he might be getting kinda gooey by now.