Question 4 Ron Starr**** - Posted by osirus

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 14, 2003 at 10:15:47:

Jim V–(CA)-------------

Oh you missed my seminars in 1987 in the Southland?

No, I have no plans to do any touring or speaking. I’m teaching the classes locally, as I do like to teach.

However, I’m busy enough with those, the rent houses, the rental properties, and my new venture of reselling properties on the internet.

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Question 4 Ron Starr**** - Posted by osirus

Posted by osirus on September 13, 2003 at 12:26:10:

JT-IN gives an overview of his technique where he purchases defaulted mortgages directly from the lien holders. The following is link:
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/88757.html

I was quite intrigued with his technique and will someday incorporate it into my own REI. You have, in the past posted, about how difficult it is investing in a hot markets like coastal California.

Do you think JT-IN’s defaulted note buying technique would work in coastal California? I would speculate that the answer is NO or it depends. I figured that lien holders and lenders realized how hot the California market is and would believe that they would most likely be made whole at the sheriff’s sale. Therefore unlikey to discount their notes.

Re: Question 4 Ron Starr**** - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 13, 2003 at 23:39:51:

Osirus----------------

I think it would work in Coastal CA. I will be teaching a class on foreclosure investing at the San Fran Learning Annex next Wednesday night and will mention this approach as an approach that might work for investors.

Now, because of the high rates of appreciation in the past few years, there may be many lenders who will not well for a discount, feeling that they can do something else.

However, private party second holders might be a the target of choice. Unless they are sophisticated, have plenty of money, or a good attorney, they may not know what to do and may want to get out of the mess.

Good InvestingRon Starr**********

Re: Question 4 Ron Starr**** - Posted by J (SoCal)

Posted by J (SoCal) on September 13, 2003 at 15:39:49:

I have found an article by Bruce Norris on the net & He mentioned the same approach. He is from Riverside County, CA.
Ward Hanigan has a class on Junior Bene Buyer, He is from San Diego, CA.

-J (SoCal)

Re: Plans for LA? - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on September 14, 2003 at 24:54:57:

Learning Annex is just about my speed, price wise.
Have you thought about or potentially scheduled an LA appearance? I guess I’d be willing to drop a buck or two to hear you speak.