Question about Buy Owner mags.... - Posted by Charity

Posted by chris on December 22, 2000 at 05:00:04:

Charity-

I’m not a Realtor but…

I checked out BuyOwner.com and looked at some of the ads. They each have a contact phone and e-mail which I verified are the owners. That was the only contact provided and BuyOwner appears to be just basically a fancy advertising service with the seller handling all of the negotiations. If you check the company’s contact info out they don’t even have offices in many states although you can still place an ad there so that would seem to further the idea that you only deal with the owner. If there is supposed to be a party between the seller and buyer during this process it doesn’t seem like the set up would be too helpful. Their site even states “Pay No Real Estate Commissions” so I say deal with the seller directly.

Question about Buy Owner mags… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 21, 2000 at 20:47:15:

People who list their home with companies such as Buy Owner do pay a commission of sorts to those companies and those companies are typically run by a broker. My question is can you contact the owners directly in those cases? I mean if it is there # listed on the signs or in the mag? I am licensed, so I am not sure how that works in my case since I am legally supposed to contact the agent, but since these aren’t normal circumstances and I am not looking to LIST the place… just wondering if anyone knows if we are allowed to contact the owners on those homes…

Charity