Question about finding rehabbing leads! - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Chris on February 18, 2000 at 06:21:01:

Not Lynn-
but to find out the owner’s name and address you access the county tax collectors information. Many of these are available on the web. You simply input the property address and you are given the mailing address of the owner where the tax bill is sent.

This is one way to find an out of state owner.

-Chris

Question about finding rehabbing leads! - Posted by Lynn

Posted by Lynn on February 17, 2000 at 16:38:27:

In an effort to get more leads for rehabbing properties, I have started driving the streets trying to find them. I found several run-down properties that some vacant and others occupied. I looked up around 20 of them on the tax roll to find about half of the owners were from out of town I would like to call or write these owners to see if they are interested in selling! Is this legal? Anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lynn

Re: Question about finding rehabbing leads! - Posted by vernon

Posted by vernon on February 18, 2000 at 21:29:15:

There is nothing illegal about contacting the owners of these properties. One of my favorite ways to find the rundown type properties is from researching the properties that were recently boarded-up in my town. When the city does this they assess the property for a “nuisance abatement”. It goes on as tax lien on the property. There are around 20-30 a month in my county alone.

Usually, they are in pretty bad shape but excellent rehab properties and the seller is almost always ready to sell. Go your courthouse and send them a postcard saying you buy properties. Wait for them to call and profit.

Good luck
Vernon
http://realestateprofit.tripod.com(leave out www).

Re: Question about finding rehabbing leads! - Posted by JoeB(Atlanta)

Posted by JoeB(Atlanta) on February 17, 2000 at 21:23:09:

Hi Lynn, well you stumbled right onto a great source of leads: out-of-town owners of vacant houses.

YES, it’s definitely legal to mail to/phone these folks. YES, lots of us do this regularly and I get a decent number of deals this way.

Good luck,
Joe Brillante

Re: How do you find that out lynn? - Posted by Nicolas

Posted by Nicolas on February 18, 2000 at 06:07:19:

Hey lynn ,
what procedure do you take to find out who owns the house.I see you mentioned something about a “tax roll”
do you have a minute for some advise?