Question about Flipping & getting started - Posted by Steve59

Posted by johnman on January 20, 1999 at 20:19:53:

Jim,

Where are you located? Would you do financing in Savannah, GA?

My e-mail address is johnman2000@yahoo.com

Johnman

Question about Flipping & getting started - Posted by Steve59

Posted by Steve59 on January 19, 1999 at 15:21:38:

Without getting into much personal detail, I’m looking into REI, but without the “obvious” or regular techniques such as:

1)Landlording
2)Waiting months or even years to see profits
3)Property management

And of course, being someone with hardly ANY money, a way to invest and make money in real estate.

Is flipping(wholesaling?) a way to to avoid the three examples(and others that’ve kept me out of REI for a long time)? Honestly, I’ve had to claim the big B-word(for different reasons) and my current amount of money in my checking account is in the 3 digit range(So much for not getting personal).

I’m NOT desperate, I am a very calm person per se, but I’m not sitting well without any cash coming in.

I have a lot of time on my hands and hence, FULLTIME REI is obviously possible for me. But as I’ve said, I don’t have a lot cash, I would rather purchase books over courses and I’m a quick learner.

IS there something I could look into(really hard) that I’m not even thinking about right now? Is flipping something I should look into?(I’d take quick cash profits over 20 years of waiting for money from rental properties). Or please, tell me if I’m answering my own questions and just get working on IT.

Re: Question about Flipping & getting started - Posted by Cooper Trust Deeds

Posted by Cooper Trust Deeds on January 20, 1999 at 14:00:38:

Have you looked into abandoned properties? We provide financing for investors. Very easy qualifing loans.

All we need is for the property to have equity. Call me with any questions you may have. Jim Urias.

1 323 931 4040

Re: Question about Flipping & getting started - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 19, 1999 at 19:43:43:

I think flipping is the BEST way to get started because it lets you learn about real estate without actually buying anything - but the best part is you get paid while you’re learning!

Check out my How-To articles about getting started.

I also suggest after you flip a contract - keep part of the money for necessities - but invest the rest in Lonnie Deals that will keep paying you for years and years.

By doing this you effectively double your profit on the flip!

Re: Question about Flipping & getting started - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on January 19, 1999 at 18:07:26:

Yes, flipping contracts can be a good way to get started. It’s clean(er), easy(er) and is a good way to learn the biz. Check out the How To Article on this site by Jackie Lange. She’s the resident “Flip Goddess”.

Good Luck,
RL