Question before I buy course.. - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on April 17, 2002 at 15:01:20:

These archives are pretty impressive, just takes a little patience to find what you are looking for I guess. Well, looks like I’m ready to buy Steve’s course now :slight_smile:

Ken

Question before I buy course… - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on April 17, 2002 at 13:05:35:

I sent this in email to Steve last night but I figured I may as well ask here too since everyone seems to be extremely helpful…

I just read his “Quick Flips: 8 Steps to Quick Cash” article, and keeping in mind I am a -complete- newbie at this (and just 22 years old for that matter), I hope someone can help.

Step 1: Make Your Offer -> Ok, this makes sense to me. My cousin is a pretty wealthy real estate guy and has offered to provide me foreclosure listings and whatnot.

Step 2: Start Title Work -> I get confused here. Now, I am signing a contract when I make this offer to the bank or home owner, so I assume because of that I am legally bound to buy the property. What if I am unable to find a buyer for the property?

I guess all the steps after this one are relatively easy to understand, and I’m sure his course will provide all the necessary details.

So really I only have that one question for now… what if I am unable to find a buyer for my property before my settlement date? I imagine I’d be pretty much screwed then.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Pittston, PA 18640 (right between Scranton and Wilkes-Barre)

Re: Question before I buy course… - Posted by suerte

Posted by suerte on April 17, 2002 at 16:19:01:

ive bought steve’s ‘wholesaling for quick cash’ course some time ago… well worth it. i still use it today as referrence.

Ok, weasel clauses and flipping… - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on April 17, 2002 at 14:53:40:

Ok, I did some searches, found some information about weasel clauses and it appears altho I should always go into a deal expecting and able to close, it isn’t exactly -necessary- so that answers that…

I guess my next question about flipping is why don’t the rehabbers just do what I’m doing and find these properties by themselves if it is so easy?

Ken

Re: Ok, weasel clauses and flipping… - Posted by JJJ - FL

Posted by JJJ - FL on April 17, 2002 at 15:10:20:

I’m a newbie as well (and 25 yrs old), and I bought Steve’s course. I have to say its WELL worth the money. You really can’t go wrong with either of the recommended wholesaling courses (Bronchick’s “Flipping Properties” comes to mind), but I like Steve’s approach to RE, and I like the fact his course gives step-by-step instructions, as well as stories of real deals he has done to illustrate certain points.

One thing about his approach I really like that I will share with you…run your business ethically, and stay away from weasel clauses. Adding contingencies to your contracts is acceptable, but exercise enough “weasel clauses” and you will gain an undesirable reputation as someone who doesn’t finish deals. Remember, as RE investors we are trying to provide a win-win situation for everyone involved, not “screw the seller over when we can’t find a buyer”.

Just my $.02.