question before I start marketing campaign... - Posted by Tim

Posted by dutch on May 12, 2006 at 22:22:05:

Get them directly from the county clerk’s office. Check to see if your county is on-line. If not, go down and talk to the people in the clerk’s office and ask them the best, fastest way to get the list. They are usually very nice and helpful.

Dutch
OKHomesavers

question before I start marketing campaign… - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on May 12, 2006 at 20:56:54:

Hello all!
I have officially formed a business entity, and am almost done doing due diligence on getting things in place to start a marketing campaign to get my real estate investing business off the ground. My main question to you vets is…I was originally planning on using a local legal newspaper to get a list of individuals who are facing foreclosure, and then mailing a letter to them. In your experiences are the names in the legal newspaper generally several weeks old, and would you recommend that I use another source to find names of individuals whom recently have had mortgage foreclosure suits filed against them? Thank you all for your thoughts.

Re: question before I start marketing campaign… - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on May 15, 2006 at 16:31:54:

In my experience, the newspaper listings are old. However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. If everyone else mails 1 piece of mail during the 1st week, then you mail 1 piece of mail during the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th weeks, you might be getting across to the homeowner just because of your timing and repetition. Trying to be the first to their door by mailing the same day a NOD (or similar) is filed is a good idea, but everyone else is thinking of it too.

Re: question before I start marketing campaign… - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on May 13, 2006 at 09:56:10:

Tim,

Good luck on getting started. Getting started can be the hardest part for some.

1. A recent quote from the convention is the average person in default in one market receives 120 letters from RE investors. You might find that you get little to no response if you do not mail frequently to a large list of people.

2. The newspaper is normally a later step in the process compared to when the NOD is filed at the courthouse. Check with someone in your market to see what the full legal process is. There should be a specific time line and specific actions that mark where the process is on the time line. Try the web as it might have the details for your state.

John Corey