Question for builders- Demucking - Posted by Jeremy FL

Posted by Don (Fl) on March 15, 2002 at 16:28:11:

Demucking is a very labor intensive and costly thing. It really depends on the amount needed to be done. Usually an engineer does a soil test and determines how much of the lot needs to be done (expensive). Then you will need truckloads of fill ($125 per 20 cubic yard load). Then the muck has to be dug up and trucked away and dumped (very expensive). Then the fill has to be put in place and compacted in layers (very expensive). I have yet to see a demucking for a residential lot cost less than $10,000 and usually it is more. Have the owner get an opinion of an engineer as to how much demucking needs to be done. Take that to a land clearing company and get an estimate.

Good Luck,

Don

Question for builders- Demucking - Posted by Jeremy FL

Posted by Jeremy FL on March 15, 2002 at 13:54:53:

I found an excellent lot in an excellent location for an excellent price. Sounds to good to be true because it is. I called the listing agent and she says that the lot needs to be demucked and clean fill brought in for it to be buildable. It was listed for $21000.00 and that is FMV. It was reduced to 8000.00 today. I am probably going to tie it up and do some research, but does anyone have any experience with this?