Question for Chuck - Posted by Paul(TX)

Posted by Paul(TX) on March 14, 2002 at 14:58:21:

Many thanks, John.

I like your subtle approach of the “thank you” letter.

Best Regards,
Paul(TX)

Question for Chuck - Posted by Paul(TX)

Posted by Paul(TX) on March 14, 2002 at 14:34:36:

Chuck:

When getting an “O.K.” from a park manager that a MH can remain on the lot when you buy it, would it be “reasonable” to present a simple form (to this effect) that the manager actually signs. (Just an attempt to cover your butt if a manager decides to change his/her mind AFTER you’ve already bought the MH!).

As a park owner/manager / former park manager, would you be offended by this action?

Many Thanks & Regards,
Paul(TX)

Re: Question for Chuck - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on March 14, 2002 at 18:21:57:

Actually large lending institutions such as Conseco often do this very thing. Before they will make the loan on the mobile home, they want the parks signature that the home can remain on the lot.

Some parks may be more familiar with this than others. It may also be a regional thing. The park managers were quite used to it.

Tony-VA

Re: Question for Chuck - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 14, 2002 at 14:53:47:

As an attorney, I like paperwork BUT I don’t want to offend the manager. Document when you spoke to him, better yet, have a witness, so that if things go south, you have some back-up. Another approach is to send a letter confirming the approval and the terms…thanking the manager, etc…then the ball’s in their court to say “that’s not the arrangement”.

John Hyre