Question for the Realtors!! - Posted by Jason

Posted by NJDave on March 31, 2000 at 20:57:07:

That’s not even a ‘grey’ area. That would be in direct violation of Title 45. You would be subject to fines as would the broker of record.

Question for the Realtors!! - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on March 31, 2000 at 14:42:41:

Hey Everybody. Is it legal to work in a real estate office, as an assistant to a realtor if I do not yet have a license? I have been offered a position in an office, and thought it would good experience. While I am working I will be taking pre-licensing courses in order to get my real estate license. I live in Missouri, by the way if that makes a difference. Would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. Thanks

Jason

Re: Question for the Realtors!! - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on March 31, 2000 at 22:17:04:

Jason,
Your post, in my opinion, begs the question “Why would you want to be a real estate agent”? Especially with all of the disclosures you have to put up with!

Afterall, you found this site, and with some education and cojones you can have the agents working for YOU someday soon!

Good luck…

Scott

Re: New Jersey’s Title 45 (license law) - Posted by NJDave

Posted by NJDave on March 31, 2000 at 16:58:33:

First thing you should do is learn and appreciate the difference between a licensed real estate professional, and a Realtor. 90% of the folks who peruse these boards don’t know. Be a 10%'er. Get educated.

In New Jersey: If your scope of responsibilities are administrative/clerical, OK, you could probably get by without a license. The minute you answer a telephone and disseminate ‘real estate’ information to the general public, you must be licensed. Anyone taking part in a real estate transaction for another person and for a fee must be licensed.

I would speculate that this rule is applicable in most if not all states that require of realty practitioners real estate licenses.

Good Luck.

Re: New Jersey’s Title 45 (license law) - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on March 31, 2000 at 20:24:12:

What about as far as cold calling FSBO’s trying to get listings?