Question on presenting offers. - Posted by ChrisG(OH)

Posted by ChrisG(OH) on June 22, 2000 at 07:33:43:

NT

Question on presenting offers. - Posted by ChrisG(OH)

Posted by ChrisG(OH) on June 21, 2000 at 08:41:25:

When you present your offer do you explain each clause in your purchase contract to the seller or do you just let them read it themselves and answer any questions they have?

What is the best way to avoid misunderstandings with your contract without cowing the seller since the contract will most likely benefit you the buyer the most?

Thanks,

Chris
Columbus, Ohio

Re: Question on presenting offers. - Posted by charley

Posted by charley on June 22, 2000 at 07:26:47:

i have always read (quickly because this takes time) through the contract with the seller so that they don’t think i’m doing something illegally. i also tell them that i’m using a standard Association of Realtors contract form to ease their mind. if you’re face to face, by the time you present them with the offer/contract, you probably have already agreed orally to it, so there shouldn’t be any surprises to them. if i put myself in the position of and uneducated seller, i would want the buyer to scan thru it with me. i think you’ll find that it will add to your credibility in the eyes of the seller, and the more credibility you add the better off you’ll be; they’ll be less likely to back out. hope this helps. have a great day.